Chapter 5

Go.

The voice was louder this time. I felt it echo through my body, sounding like a warning. I scoffed, not willing to listen to some delusional voice inside my head.

No I won't-

Before I could finish that thought, my muscles tightened, as if it was being tied in a knot. I tried moving but it stubbornly stayed still. It felt even more painful if I tried taking back control, it was useless trying.

I got up from my seat, the hardening of my muscles slowly faded. But when I tried sitting back down, it came back like my knees were wooden planks trying to bend.

Without much choice, I ran out of the room despite not wanting to. As much as I hated calculus, I would much rather sit through an entire lesson than deal with this shit. But in order for me to do that, I had to deal with this shit.

I kept running with no destination in mind, I let my legs take me wherever, hoping it'll lead me to that annoying guy.

I somehow ended up outside, it seemed like an opportunity to fly to another country and not have to deal with this bullshit. Chris' parents are rich to begin with so they won't notice if I take a couple bucks.

Unfortunately, I couldn't escape the country with a parasite controlling me.

I ended up walking to the back of the school, and there I saw that Diptera smoking with a few other people.

Although I was relieved I'd finally found him, I frowned at the smell of cigarettes invading my lungs. But I guess if it means I get my freewill back, I'll risk getting lung cancer.

"Excuse me... You." I covered my nose as I called out to the guy, I didn't bother remembering his name, it'd be a waste of brain power.

They all turned to look at me, except for the one guy I was looking for. "Hey Guy with the ug- ripped jeans, I'm talking to you." I walked towards him, he finally looked up at me with an amused expression.

"Oh hey Chris." He smiled but his eyes showed something else. "I'm hurt you forgot your old pal's name." He clenched his heart in a joking manner as he placed an arm on my shoulder. "Just for a refresher, it's Jared." He shot a sarcastic smile.

Oh so that's his name.

Well doesn't matter, I'll forget it sooner or later.

"I just came to tell you, I'll be accepting that party invitation of yours." I took off his arms on my shoulder to fix my outfit, dusting off dirt.

He smirked as he leaned his back on a wall, giving me an annoying condescending look. "I knew you would want to take some steam off, but y'know you could've just texted me." He mocked, taking another puff of his cigarette. The people next to him snickered. "Oh right I forgot, you're still not feeling well... I hope there aren't any problems up there too." He gave me a sad smile, but he was clearly trying to hide his laughter.

Fed up with his bullshit, I replied, "Yeah you're right. I forgot your number and as much as I love parties, It'd give me a headache if I overexert on trying to remember something insignificant." I exclaimed, giving him a weak smile. "But of course, I have to prioritize getting better, don't I?"

His eyebrows furrowed as he opened his mouth to refute my words but I hurriedly spoke first, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"Well I best be going, I'd appreciate it if you text me the details (so I don't have to remember myself) it'd be of great help." I gave them my business smile before walking away.

With a triumphant smile, I strode back to calculus class. I never thought I'd be happily strolling my way to sit through calculus with the fact I've been miserable having to endlessly take that class back in college. But it sure is better than being a wooden puppet,