Chapter 7

Arriving at Allan's room, he lets go of me and heads straight to the bed. The warmth of his hands lingered on my arm, suddenly feeling cold. Allan was still busy downstairs and as much as I wanted to stay long enough to make up for lost times, I'll make sure to text him later.

I faced Christopher, clearing my throat for his attention. "I'm sorry but I have to go now. Sober up quickly, okay?"

He stayed silent, simply staring down with furrowed eyebrows and shifted lips to the side, his once nonchalant face vanished. As I turned to leave he finally said something. "Can't you..." He muttered, sounding unsure. Humming in response, I turned back to him. He ran his fingers through his hair as he avoided my eyes. "Can't you stay? Even just for a while..."

My gaze wandered around the room, I opened my mouth before changing my mind and closing them again. Noticing my awkwardness, he spoke first. "I know I may be asking for too much, considering how much you've done for me... But I'll make sure to pay you back tenfold."

"You don't have to pay me back, if you need someone to stay with you I can ask Al-"

"No." He said firmly.

"It has to be you."

My eyes shot wide open at the sudden declaration, eyes constantly blinking, I opened to speak but he beat me to it. "I'm just... Scared..."

I rushed towards him as I sat down on the bed. "What...? Why?"

Staring at the ground, he breathed out a whisper. "I'm scared it'll- it'll come back..."

My mind began to wander free on the possibilities. Could he be in danger? Is he being chased? Was that why he didn't want to be seen?

My worries were quickly cleared up when he continued, "I don't want my headache to come back."

I sighed in relief, I stood up. "If that's it then I'll just get you some med-" He grabbed my hand, pulling me back down.

"I've already told you, it has to be you. You're my Tylenol."

He sounded so serious that I couldn't just laugh it off as a joke. He's totally convinced that I'm the cure for his headache, like I'm some consumable medicine.

But to be fair, he is drunk... It'd be pointless trying to argue with him knowing he's extremely stubborn.

It won't hurt to stay for a while, I'll leave once he's fallen asleep.

Nodding in defeat, I sat back down. He raised an eyebrow as he patted on the bed, gesturing for him to lay beside him. Caught dumbfounded, I pointed at myself questioningly. He nodded, staring as if I was dumb.

I hesitantly followed, carefully propping myself on the bed, trying not to wrinkle the sheets. There was a deafening silence between us, the music was still booming from downstairs but not enough it could be distracting. Nothing else was distracting me from this moment, the silence was louder for me to hear anything else.

My body laid stiff on the soft mattress, I looked to my left to see Christopher laying comfortably as he stared up at the ceiling. His long eyelashes fluttered softly at every blink, looking as if he was deeply contemplating something.

My muscles loosened up, tension vanishing. My eyes fixated on him as if to study him. He was something, I never met someone so stubbornly unpredictable. But thanks to him I had a decent time. Even though this wasn't what I was expecting from a party and I had to look after some drunk stranger,

I still count this as a break.

I watched as he slowly let his eyes shut, drifting off to sleep. I lifted up my arm but it willingly went back down. By the looks of it, I had gotten so comfortable that I couldn't bring myself to get up. Blaming Allan and his soft mattress, I decided to stay for a couple minutes before going. If I were to give Amelia a long scolding, then I would need some rest.