𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗❦

What is infinite? The universe and the greed of men -Baghra Morozova

Lyra and Elijah are walking with their arms looped as they followed Jenna, she was giving them a tour of the Mystic Falls historical sights

Jenna pointed out as she looked at them with a smile "The old Fell property actually starts just beyond that fence."

Elijah narrowed his eyes and said "Ah, the Fells. One of the Founding Families."

Lyra held back a laugh at his tone while Jenna just frowned and asked "Why do you say it like that?"

Elijah waved his hand around the property as he explained "My research showed me that this area was actually settled almost two full centuries earlier. It was a migration of townsfolk from the northeast, um, it was Salem, to be precise."

"Massachusetts? As in the witch trials?" Jenna pondered and looked at him with admiration.

Lyra continued for Elijah, who smiled at her knowledge, as she shrugged "Which means the ever-lauded founding families...didn't actually found anything."

Jenna stopped walking and agreed as she looked at the couple " Well, I bet it was the men who made a big deal about being founders back in 1860. Men are very territorial."

Elijah's arm moved towards Lyra's waist as he pulled her even closer and looked at her with a certain look "Yes, they are."

Lyra smiled at him, before movement in the corner of her eye caught her attention. Alaric was approaching them with a very fake smile.

Jenna smiled at the sight of him and introduced "Guys, this is my friend, Alaric Saltzman."

Alaric glanced at her before focusing on the couple with a serious look in his eyes "Yeah, I got your message about walking Elijah and Lyra here through the old property lines. I thought I would tag along. You know being a history buff and all. Where to next?"

The couple didn't let him intimidate them as Lyra grinned and told them "We're pretty curious about the freed slave property owners. Some say, you know, the descendents of the slaves are the true keepers of American history."