Chapter 1

Charlie's POV

The long flight to Australia was awful. I can never sleep on planes and I had to sit next to my brother complaining the whole time. Once we got to Sydney though, it was totally worth it. The sky was so blue and you could hear the waves crash against the beach. In Colorado it was almost fall, so it was so cold there right now. But, it was like 90 degrees here. The school year here was almost over, so it was great timing for me. The car ride was about half an hour away. I just plugged in my headphones to listen to All Time Low, we were at our new house sooner than I thought. I haven't seen our house yet, but it looked beautiful from the outside. When I walked in I was greeted by a big living room, it was already furnished with 2 white couches and a glass table. Two chairs were in front of the large tv on the wall. Down a small hall was the kitchen and dining room. The kitchen was big as well with an island in the middle of it and a doorway leading to a dining room, it just had a table in it, so nothing fancy. When I went back to the living room, stairs were right there. My parents told me that my room was the last one on the right. It was already decorated with all of my favorite band's posters and lyrics from my favorite Mayday Parade song, I swear this time I mean it, written on top of light gray walls. Fairy lights surrounded my bed. A desk was put to the side of my room along with a closet. This was like my dream room. After admiring it, I ran downstairs to thank my parents. I figured they were outside getting the rest of their bags. I didn't find them, but I found a very tall and attractive boy sitting on the neighbor's steps. He was covered in tattoos and piercings. When he looked in my direction, I pretended that I was just looking down the street. He didn't buy my cover.

"Hey babe. Like what you see?" Great, he was a cocky attractive boy.

I didn't know what to say, but luckily another boy with very colorful hair came by to talk to the cocky boy. I still couldn't find my parents, so I assumed they went to the store or something because I couldn't see them inside either. As I was about to go inside, the boy with colorful hair came over to introduce himself.

"Hi, I'm Michael. Luke says you're the new neighbor." Michael said. So the boy's name was Luke.

"Yeah, I am. Oh, I'm Charlie." I introduced myself.

"Are you gonna be going to Norwest high school by chance?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, I start tomorrow actually. Why?" I questioned.

"Well, Luke, Calum, Ashton and I go there. If you want, when I come to pick up Luke, I could give you a ride." He offered. I was still confused by who Calum and Ashton were, but I accepted his offer. While Michael was telling me a little about the school, I couldn't help but to glance in Luke's direction. He had this blank look on his face while looking at Michael and I. When he noticed me looking at him, he flashed a smirk my way. Michael, or Mikey is what he said I could call him, was done talking he said bye and ran back over to Luke who was now accompanied by a tall boy with black hair. I quickly went inside to keep exploring this house. Apparently we had a pool in the backyard. Downstairs was a "teens area" and a workout room. My parents got home and I told them that I was going to go running.

"Ok honey, but be careful." My mom said. 

I quickly got changed into a pair of shorts and a black tank top. I grabbed my headphones and phone to listen to music. I decided to just run down to the beach and back for now. I didn't really know where else to go because I had no clue where anything is. It was around 6 so I decided to go home before it got dark. While I was gone my parents had ordered pizza and it just arrived when I got home. I got a few slices and took them to my room. I put the plate on my desk while I quickly showered. All I wanted to do that night was sleep. I engulfed my food while watching Netflix on my bed and fell asleep right after.
The next day 
The buzzing of my alarm went off telling me to get my butt out of bed. When I opened my eyes, I had forgotten about being in Australia at least until I saw the ocean out of my window. I ran to my closet not knowing what to wear. I just decided on a Nirvana t-shirt and some jeans. I just quickly pulled my hair up into a ponytail. The clock read 8:30. School started at 9:00 and Michael was picking me up in like 10 minutes. I grabbed a banana from the kitchen and pulled on some blue vans. I quickly brushed my teeth and just as I finished I heard a honk from a car.
"Bye parents!" I yelled.
"Bye Charlie! Wait who is that?" My mom asked.
"Oh I met him yesterday. Don't worry he is not an axe murderer." I laughed.
"Ok, I trust you. Love you sweetie."
"Love you too." I grabbed my backpack and raced out to the car. I climbed in the back as Luke was in shot gun. Suddenly my stomach filled with nerves when I realized that first of all, I was going to a brand new school and secondly, I had barely any idea who I was getting a ride to school from.
"So Charlie are you nervous for your first day?" Michael asked breaking the silence.
"I guess. I mean it is a brand new school." I replied.
Michael asked me a few more questions about America and Luke stayed quiet the whole time. As we pulled into the school parking lot, Mikey offered to get my schedule with me. We went into the office to be greeted by a lady practically buried under paperwork.
"Hi, I'm new here." I told her.
"What's your name?" She asked
"Charlotte Springs." I gave her my full name just in case.
She handed me my schedule and told me to have a good first day.
"Can I see your timetable, Charlotte?" Michael asked.
"Call me that again and I will break your nose." I threatened while elbowing him in the ribs playfully. I handed him the schedule and he looked it over.
"Oh you have science with me. But that's third period. You have first and second period with Luke. Lunch with us, fifth with Calum, and your sixth is with Ashton. I'll introduce you to them at lunch. But um, I'll walk you to math, it passes the choir room so I can show you that too." He explained.
I just nodded my head.
"So there's the choir room," He pointed to a big room with risers and microphones in it. When we went down another hallway he pointed to the math room.
"There's math. Luke came to school today so you can talk to him if you want." 

"Ok, thanks Michael. I'll see you at lunch, right?" I clarified.

He nodded his head and ran down the hallway to his class. When I walked in, I saw Luke so I decided to try to talk to him.
"Hi, Luke right?" I tried to make conversation.
"Uh huh." Was the only thing he said. I tried talking to him but he would either ignore me or reply with one word answers. After math was over I tried to remember where the choir room was. I was walking down a hallway when someone grabbed my wrist and pinned me up against the wall.
"What are you doing? I'll knee you in the balls if you don't let me go." I demanded.
"Oh a feisty one. I like that." He said.
I was about to follow through with my threat just as someone yelled at the boy.
"Let her go, Jake. She's mine." Luke growled at him.
Jake immediately let go and backed away, probably intimidated by Luke.
"Thanks, but I'm not yours, you wouldn't even talk to me, so no. And I could've handled that on my own." I finally found my way to choir. I soon remembered that Luke was also in this class. I internally groaned. When he came in I guess he noticed me, so he sat in the empty chair next to me. The choir teacher didn't want to do much today, so we just watched a movie. The bell rang and I walked out of the room to be joined by Luke.
"What?" I spat.
"I thought you might need help finding your next class." He said.
I just ignored him but he kept talking.
"So you know when you just got here and you saw me for the first time. And you stared for like an hour. Did you like what you saw?" Luke asked with a smirk.
"I wasn't staring for an hour it was like 20 seconds." I said trying to avoid his question.
"So you admit that you were staring."
"What? No. And even if I was, I've seen better." I said trying to bring down his stupid ego. It didn't work, he just laughed. I saw that I was at science so I went in without another word. Science was just filled with Mikey and I joking around the whole time. At lunch I was introduced to Calum, who had a few cool tattoos, and Ashton who had the cutest laugh ever. English with Calum was really fun because he knew how to make anyone laugh. Next was history with Ashton. We talked about basically anything from ourselves to his traumatizing encounter with ducks, and how he is now afraid of them. At the end of class Ashton invited me to a party that Friday. I never really went to parties before but Ashton convinced me to go.
"Oh and wear something sexy, Luke is coming." He added before running to his own car. I could not be more confused when he said that. What was he talking about? Nothing was going on between me and Luke, and even if there was, how would Ashton know so soon. I tried to ignore it while waiting for Michael at his car. Soon enough he came with Luke.
"Did Ashton tell you about the party Friday?" Michael asked.
"Yeah, I'll be there."
"Great. We'll pick you up around 8 then? And I'll be here by 8:40 again tomorrow."
"Yeah sounds good bye, Michael, bye Luke." I heard a bye from Michael but nothing except getting out of the car as well from Luke.

I hope you guys are enjoying it so far. I know that Ashton didn't go to the same school as Luke Calum and Michael but I didn't know how else to include him. But I hope it's good so far. Thanks for reading!

The Punk Next Door Punk Luke Hemmings AUजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें