Chapter 16

Luke's POV

I have been waiting for a call or a text from Charlie since we talked. I've debated whether to try texting her, but I kept telling myself to wait so she can think. My phone buzzed indicating I got a text. I never got up faster in my life to check my phone. 

 Calum: Hey Luke. I heard you got out of jail. I have something to tell you. Can you come over?

I was disappointed that it wasn't from Charlie, but at least it was from Calum.

Luke:  Sure. I'll be over soon.

I grab my keys and drive to Calum's house. His mom answers,

" Hi Luke, I thought you were in boarding school?" she smiles at me.

" Came back for a visit Mrs. Hood. Is Calum home?" I ask impatiently. Calum appears from behind his mom and opens the door. We head towards his basement.

" So, what was so important that I had to drive my ass here?" I ask. I see Micheal and Ashton on the couch.

" Well hello to you too? How was jail?" Michael chuckles.

" Ha, funny. Calum what did you have to tell me?" I was growing impatient again. He sat awkwardly on the couch. The room was overcome by an awkward silence.

" You talked to Charlie lately?" Calum breaks the silence.

" Not since she picked me up yesterday. She said she needed time to think. Why the hell does it matter to any of you?" I ask angrily. My temper was growing, why the hell should they care about my relationship with Charlie?

" Well I don't blame her, You left her a mess. She didn't talk to any of us and buried a hole for herself to live in." Ashton states. 

" Great thanks for the recap of how I destroyed her life. Did I come all the way here for you guys to remind me of how I fucked up? I already saw enough of that yesterday. So unless any of you have something important to say, I think I will just leave." I begin to walk to the stairs.

" Sorry, we all just got carried away, there is a reason we needed to talk to you." Calum stands up and starts pacing the room. I have no idea what is going on. I sit where Calum was.

" She left. Her and Kassidy took a trip to Ireland. Kassidy texted me this morning. She thought you should know so you don't worry." Calum speaks all to quickly. She left, she left things in this mess. She left and didn't tell me. Charlie left. I need to find her, I need to fix this. I stand up abruptly,

" Calum where is she?" I ask trying to stay calm. Calum looks at me, with a weird expression.

" Ireland, I told you." He says.

" Where in Ireland?" I growl.

" Um, Mullingar. Why?" Ashton chimes in.

" Bye." I say and start running up the stairs.

I feel someone grab my arm, I turn around and see Michael. 

" I think you should just leave her alone. Give her that time to think. " He looks at me pleadingly. 

"Why? Do you think you actually have a chance with her? I didn't hear any stories of her crawling back to you, only crying over me." I rip my arm away and continued up the stairs.

Kassidy's POV

" Charlie, quit being a third wheel and go unpack." I yell at her when we get to the hotel. She shoots me a glare as she heads towards the elevator. 

" Well, I need a drink." Niall smiles as he heads towards the bar. I follow him. I find a table to sit at and wait for him to return. 

" So how have you been?" I ask him when he sits down with a beer.