Chapter 11

Charlie's POV

The buzzing of my alarm clock woke me up from my amazing dream. I don't remember much but I remember Luke in it so it has to be great. I really should change that alarm to something less annoying though. I was still half asleep when a thought popped into my head. I forgot that me and Luke were doing something today instead of school. That woke me up fully. I jumped out of my bed and walked to my closet. I knew it was hot outside but went for black skinny jeans and a Panic! At The Disco shirt anyways. After struggling with my hair I decided to just leave it down with a beanie and hope for the best.
When I grabbed an apple for breakfast I had forgotten that I was supposed to talk to my parents about Luke, at least I did forget until my mom told me to meet her in the living room. My dad was the first to speak,"So you have a boyfriend?"

"Yeah." I responded quietly.

"He certainly isn't like anyone you normally hang out with." My mom commented. Did she really just say that? I barely hung out with anyone before and if I did it was like one person who felt bad for me.

"And who do I normally hang out with?" I questioned.
She stayed quiet. For once I actually shut my mom up.

"We just want to make sure that he's good enough for you." My dad said, trying to steer the conversation from my lack of friends.

"I can decide for myself who's good enough for me or who's not. Trust me Luke is too good for me if anything. Just stop worrying. I can handle myself." Once I finished that sentence my dad was going to say something else, but a car horn cut him off.

"I need to go to school." I grabbed my backpack and raced to the door.

"We are not done talking about this young lady." My dad yelled as I walked out the door.

Luke's POV
I couldn't wait for Charlie to get to school. I had something big planned. It wasn't big as in doing everything expensive and fancy but big as in meaningful. At least I hope it is. I knew that Michael would still want to pick Charlie up for school just not me. We hadn't really worked anything out between us from the fight, but he had such a big crush on Charlie he would do anything for her. I decided that I should let him because I wanted to try trusting someone for once and Charlie was a great person to start with. As I was thinking about all of this I saw Michael's car pull up in front of the school. Charlie got out of the car and I couldn't help but to stare. She looked hot, I mean she always looks hot, but she's never worn a beanie before and it looked amazing on her. I didn't even notice her walk up to me while I was thinking about her.

"Hey Lukey." She said. No matter how many times I told her not to call me that, she never stopped but I really didn't mind it. Only when she says it though, if anyone else started to say it, I would have to do something more than asking nicely for them to stop. 

"Hey Charlie. You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yup. Where are we going exactly?" 

"I can't tell you." 

"I'm getting so sick of these stupid surprises." She complained.

"Well you better get used to it." I smirked. 

She just rolled her eyes in response. 

"Come on." I laughed as I pulled her to my car.

"So where are we going first?" She asked once she was sitting in my car.

"I told you, I can't tell you."

"Please. I hate surprises. They're are literally the worst."

"Sorry." 

Charlie's POV

Once we started driving, I had no clue where we were going. It seemed like Luke was driving to nowhere. The familiarity of my neighborhood was gone and replaced with brand new surroundings of old rundown buildings and miles and miles of trees.

"Are you taking me somewhere to kill me, Luke?" I joked.

"Yes, Charlie, that's exactly what I'm doing." He replied sarcastically.

"Just making sure." I laughed. 

For the next 10 minutes the car ride was silent. When Luke pulled the car to a stop, I could not be more confused. He had stopped right in front of what looked like old abandoned train tracks with a grassy field with a few trees behind the tracks. 

"What is this place?" I asked as I took the sight in.

"Come here, I wanna show you something." He told me, totally ignoring my previous question. I didn't have time to respond as he was pulling my hand towards the back of the field. We stopped right in front of an old tree house. It looked both secure but also looked so old it could fall at any moment. Luke would just ignored all of my questions until we got to the top of the tree.

"Will you tell me what we're doing here now?" My question dripping with impatience.

"This is my tree house. Well I didn't build it or anything, but I found it when I was 8 and have been coming here ever since. You're the first person I've ever told about this place." He spoke quietly. It seemed like a really important place to him and I was happy that he trusted me enough with it. 

"Wow. That's,um, cool." I honestly had no clue what to say after he just told me that.

"I know, it's super lame, right? Maybe it was a bad idea to take you here." He muttered.

"No, no, no. This isn't lame at all. It's actually really cute." Once I said the word cute, a look of disgust appeared on his face. "Maybe cute isn't the right word, but it's not lame. I promise you that."

"Thanks. There's more to this place than just something I found when I was younger." He chuckled.

"Really? Can I hear it?"

"I might as well tell you because I already took you here."

Michael's POV

All day I've been looking for Charlie, but she wasn't in any of her classes or at lunch. I wanted to talk to her about yesterday at the beach. I had been feeling guilty about intruding on her and Luke ever since, I may not approve of their relationship, but I didn't want Charlie mad at me. I barely got any sleep last night thinking about it. I had tried to talk to her this morning in the car but she wouldn't really say anything to me. I wish that she felt the same way I did about her, but if we can only be friends I'll take it. After a few more minutes of looking around the campus for her, I decided to talk to Calum about it.

"Hey Calum!" I yelled to him when he was walking to his locker.

"Hey Mike, what's up?" 

"Have you seen Charlie today?" 

"Nope. Didn't you take her to school this morning?"

"Yeah, but she disappeared after that."

"I don't-wait, I remember Luke saying something about taking Charlie somewhere to me yesterday. He had this whole plan, but wouldn't say where they were going. I'm sure they'll be back tomorrow, just don't worry about it right now." He explained.

"Ok, thanks. I'll see you later Cal."

"Bye."

I checked the time and saw that we only had one more class until school was out, I really didn't want to go through the rest of the day and I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind me skipping one class.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while, last week was camping and then I just couldn't find a good time to write. Thank you so much for all the reads and votes! You cuties are amazing! I'll try to update again soon. Please vote and comment!