Chapter 13

Hey so I just wanted to say thank you so much for 1k!!! I'm so excited! I literally screamed when I saw it! Thank you so much!! I'll let you read now.

Charlie's POV

My stupid alarm woke me and as I was about to turn it off, something was not allowing me to. I was confused until I saw Luke's arms still wrapped tightly around me. I tried to wake him up as gently as possible.

"Luuuuuke. Wake up." I nudged him, but he just ignored me and pulled me back.

"Luke." Still no answer.

"Luke!" I yelled.

"Huh? What? I'm up." He said groggily. I never thought I would be waking up to a sleepy Luke with messy hair and a morning voice. Even in this state, he could still make it hot.

"Morning sleepy head." I smiled. I reached for my phone to finally turn off the alarm on it, when I realized my alarm wasn't supposed to go off for another 5 minutes and it was 7 missed calls from Kassidy that woke me up. What did she need so bad that she called that many times? I got up and went out into the hallway to call her back.  She picked up on the first ring.

"Charlie! Finally you answered! I have big news!" She screamed.

"What's the big news?" I asked, trying to hide my curiosity.

"I want to tell you in person, but I need you to come outside if your house in 20 minutes. I'm picking you up for school." She hung up without another word. How was I supposed to get ready in 20 minutes? 

"Who was that?" Luke asked with his face still buried in my pillow, probably trying to fall asleep.

"Kassidy. Now get up, we're gonna be late for school." He just ignored me again, so I picked up an extra pillow and threw it at his head.

"Hey! What the hell!" He yelled.

"Get up! We're gonna be late!" He slowly pried himself from my bed. I figured he wouldn't go back to sleep, knowing I would just throw another pillow at him, so I walked into my bathroom to brush my hair. As I was brushing through my hair, I felt two arms wrap around my waist and Luke's chin on my shoulder. 

"We don't have to go to school today and just stay here." He suggested.

"Yes we do, I missed yesterday. Plus Kassidy will be here in 15 minutes so I can't just cancel on her." I argued. His arms left my waist, taking the warmth from them with him.

"Fine. You can go, but I'm ditching." He walked back to my room trying to find his clothes. Once he found them and put them on, he came over and kissed me on my forehead telling me to be careful and he'll see me after school. Luke climbed out my window and went off to wherever he goes when he ditches. I walked over to my closet and found a Twenty One Pilots shirt and black skinny jeans. Once I had brushed my teeth, I heard a honk outside, meaning Kassidy was here. I grabbed my bag and ran out the door.

"Hey Kass!" I smiled.

"Someone's in a good mood." She laughed. "What happened yesterday? I didn't see you at all, and you never responded to my texts." 

"Sorry, I guess I didn't look at my phone much." I explained.

"Ok but you never answered my question, where were you yesterday?" She questioned. I stayed quiet.

"You were with Luke weren't you?" I nodded my head, and she just smirked, probably thinking the dirtiest thing ever.

"We didn't do anything like that." I added quickly. 

"Ok."

"So what's the news you had to tell me?" I've been waiting to ask that question ever since I got into the car.

"Calum asked me out." She said quickly, before getting out of her car and walking towards school. I ran after her, ready to throw questions at her.

"What did you say?"

"I said yes, we're going out Saturday!" She squealed. We jumped up and down like 10 year olds.

"Oh my god! This is huge! I'm so happy for you Kass!"  

"I know, I'm so excited!" We finally calmed down and I started to ask her a bunch of questions. I was about to ask her how he asked her when Calum, Ashton, and Michael walked up to us.

"Hey girls." Calum said as he put his arm around Kassidy.

"Where's Luke?" Michael asked me.

"I don't know, wherever he goes when he ditches I guess." I responded. He was about to say something else, but the bell cut him off. I walked with Kassidy to first period, totally dreading school without Luke. My first class wasn't too bad and neither was the rest of the day. I was just putting my books into my locker when Jake walked up to me.

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"You." He replied.

"Well to bad for you, I'm taken." I slammed my locker and started to walk away. He grabbed my arm, pulling me back towards him. He wouldn't let go and had a strong grip on me. My arm was starting to really hurt, but complaining to him was a stupid idea.

"I always get what I want. You will be mine, I don't care what it takes." He growled in my ear. He finally let go of my arm and I started to walk away again. "Oh and don't even think of telling Luke about this. If you do, things will only get worse for you." He threatened. 

I ran out to Kassidy's car, trying to hide the terrified look on my face when I got there.

"Hey Charlie, you ok?" She sounded worried. Great, I guess I couldn't hide it well enough. Maybe if I change the topic, she'll forget about it.

"Yeah I'm fine. How are things between you and Calum?" With any mention of Calum, she could forget anything.

"Great! I'm so happy he asked me out. I've been waiting forever for him to ask me." She kept talking about Calum, but I stopped listening. I couldn't get Jake's words out of my head. I didn't want to cause more drama by bringing it up to anyone. I glanced down on my arm, noticing a mark from where Jake was holding onto my arm so tight. I ran my fingers along it, wondering how I was going to hide this from Luke. 

"Well, I'll text you later." Kassidy said as she pulled into my driveway.

"Ok, thanks for the ride." I got out of the car and ran up to my house. Once I got up to my room, Jake's words were stuck in my head. I always get what I want. You will be mine, I don't care what it takes. He doesn't care what it takes? What does that even mean? I was laying on my bed, with my eyes closed, imagining different scenarios that could happen if I told Luke and if I didn't. They were both terrifying to be honest. I heard my window start to slide open. Crap! Luke was here. I opened my eyes to see Luke climbing into my window.

"Hey Charlie." 

I just smiled and waved at him. He noticed right away that something was wrong.

"What's wrong?" He furrowed his eyebrows and had a concerned look in his eyes.

"Nothing." I lied. 

He came and sat down on my bed with me.

"Want to watch YouTube or something?" I asked, trying to steer the conversation away from me.

"Sure." He replied, but still looked worried.

I pulled out my laptop and went onto Netflix. I clicked on How I Met Your Mother and tried to take my mind off of things. I cuddled into Luke's chest, completely oblivious to him playing with hands.

"Wait Charlie. Where did you get those marks?" 

Shit.

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in FOREVER! I know it's a bad excuse but I've been busy with family for the past couple weeks. And I started a new book yesterday and haven't been able to put it down, oops. Again sorry for not updating sooner. I will actually try to update before I go up the mountains on Wednesday, but I was apparently signed up to help teach preschoolers for my church's Vacation Bible School thing this week, so we'll see what happens. Anyways, thank you so much for 1k!!! It means a lot and I'm so happy! You guys are awesome! Thank you for reading my terrible story, I wasn't even expecting 100 reads, let alone 1k. Ok, I'll stop rambling, but I'm so grateful for you guys and thank you for reading!! I love you all!! I'll update soon, hopefully. Byeeeee.