Chapter 15

Luke's POV

"Luke, I love you, but I don't want you to hurt me again." She cried.
She was right. I had hurt her. Why would she ever trust me again? I wanted to say that I would never hurt her again, but I couldn't promise that to her. The one time something good came into my life, I just messed it up.

"I love you too, Charlie. I'll do anything to get you back. Please just give me a chance." I pleaded.

"I'm sorry Luke, but I just need some time to think. Could I just drop you off now?" She said quietly.

I nodded my head and helped her up. The walk to get car was silent. As much as I wanted to talk to her and apologize over and over, I knew it was pointless to try. She clearly didn't want to talk to me. The car ride wasn't much better, she tried to ignore the fact I was right next to her as much as possible. Her car pulled in front of her house. I got out of the car when she did.

"Bye Charlie." I waved.

"Bye." She said quietly as she walked into her house. She really did change while I was gone. I wish that I had listened to her when she said to stay with her. I overreacted and now I lost the only good thing to come into my life.

Charlie's POV

I didn't know what to do. I know that I love Luke, but I couldn't handle it if he left again. It's not like I could confide in Kassidy. I've been ignoring her for a year, no matter how many times she's tried to talk to me, I wouldn't allow it. Maybe she would talk to me anyways though. She was always a great friend, while I was a terrible one. She helped me fix my relationship with Luke and I barely asked her about her and Calum. She tried to help me when I needed her most and I just pushed her away. I pushed everyone away. Even the other boys, they were doing the same thing as Kassidy, but I didn't respond to any of their messages or calls or anything. Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe calling Kassidy wasn't a bad idea.

"Charlie?!" She practically screamed when she picked up the phone.

"Hi." I greeted so quiet, it was almost a whisper.

"I haven't talked to you in forever. I've missed my best friend. I've been stuck with the 3 annoying boys. Whenever I tried to complain about things to them, they wouldn't give good advice like you did." She rambled on. It was great to be able to hear her talk again. I really have missed her.

"Haha I've missed you too. Sorry I haven't really been in contact with you. I've been such a terrible friend to you and the boys." I apologize.

"I'm glad you're apologizing, but I'm not gonna forgive you."

"Oh, it's ok. I get it." I said very disappointed.

"No. You didn't let me finish. I'm not going to forgive you, yet. I want to see you in person. I haven't seen you in a year and you expect me to just talk to you over the phone. No I'm coming over." She explained then hung up. It's useless trying to tell her otherwise anyways. Plus I needed to talk to her about everything. I hear a knock on the front door. That was different, Kassidy never knocks. But I guess we haven't seen each other in a year so she might be feeling weird to come over again. As I was about to get it, I heard my dad open the door.

"Hello Kassidy. We haven't seen you in a while." My dad greeted.

"Yeah, I guess me and Charlie haven't really been hanging out lately." She awkwardly laughed.

"Charlie is up in her room." My dad informed her. 

"Thanks." I heard Kassidy running up the stairs like she used to do. She opened my door, causing me to jump from surprise.