Chapter 8

Luke's POV

I couldn't believe what Michael had just said, I mean yeah he likes her but I got to her first. He can't take her away from me forever, I need her. I knew Charlie had heard everything, she was still on her driveway when I was running to my house. If Michael screwed anything up between us, I will kill him. I was pacing in my room thinking about everything that had just happened. With every thought that ran through my head, I kept getting angrier and angrier. Soon enough, I was throwing anything I could. I threw down my bookshelf and then my whole room was pretty much destroyed. I was interrupted my a knock on my door. Who the fuck was here now? I stomped down the stairs and opened my door to a worried looking Charlie.

"What's wrong Charlie?" I asked suddenly losing all of my anger.

"I should be asking you that. What was that loud crash?" She kept looking around my house for anything broken.

"I'm fine, Charlie."

"Really? Because it didn't sound like you were fine after your argument with Michael. You don't have to worry about me leaving you, I promise. Michael is just a friend, you're the guy I like." She tried to assure, but I was still doubtful.

"How do I know that?" I asked.

"God, Luke. You sound like a needy girl. I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. So stop worrying!" She was right. I was acting like a needy girl, but I had to be sure she wasn't leaving.

"I don't want you hanging out with Michael anymore." I said quickly.

"What? Quit saying that! I can hang out with who I want. You have no say in that!" Charlie yelled.

"Well you're mine now, so I do!" I yelled back, my anger quickly coming back.

"Oh my god! Quit saying that I'm yours! You do not own me, I'm not your property."

"You're mine and I'm yours. It's just how it works Charlie."

"No it's not! Just because we're dating, does not mean you automatically own me." She slammed my door and stormed back to her house.

Charlie's POV

Was Luke seriously calling me his property? I went over there to check on him and he told me not to talk to Michael anymore! Sometimes I wonder why I decided to go out with him.

"Well Charlie, he was so sweet and you really like him. Even if he can be a jerk sometimes, you know that you really like him." I told myself. I have a bad habit of talking to myself and I'm sure it annoys people. Maybe I should go back over there to talk to him, but maybe he just needs time to cool off. If he really wants to fix this, then he'll come to me first. For now, I'll call over Kassidy she always knows how to keep my mind off of everything when things like this happen. I quickly pulled out my phone and dialed her number.

 "Hey Charlie. What's up?" She asked.

"Are you busy? Can you come over?" I said.

"Well, I'm with Cal right now, but this sounds more important. I'll be over  in 5 and we can go get coffee."

With that she hung up. I felt bad for interrupting her and Calum. I didn't know anything was going on between those two, shows how good of a friend I've been lately. These past few days I've been so obsessed with Luke, I never even noticed anything between her and Calum. That is definitely something we'll talk about when she gets here. Footsteps ran up the stairs and I knew they belonged to Kassidy.

"What happened Char? Wait. Lets go get coffee, it seems like you need it." She laughed lightly.

"Ok, yeah lets go." I grabbed my phone and followed her out of my house. We hopped in her car and listened to One Direction's No Control. I don't listen to much pop, let alone a boy band, but they were the exception. Their songs were awesome and so were their voices. Plus they were all super hot. Before I knew it, Kassidy was parking her car in front of a cute café. Kassidy was silent until we sat down,

"Ok, what is going on?" She immediately asked.

I explained everything that happened from the car ride with them to me slamming Luke's door. She stayed silent for a little bit before saying anything.

"He said you were his property?! He can not say that. He doesn't own you!" She quietly yelled.

"I know that's what I said to him. Sometimes he can just be so annoying and rude." I agreed.

"Well, just give him some time. He'll come around and talk to you soon, I promise. It's just the way he is, he'll blow up about something and then a day or 2 later he will come back." She assured me.

"Thanks, Kass. But enough about me. What's going on with you two?" I said.

Her eyes lit up when I mentioned his name and she began rambling on about how perfect and sweet he was. I could tell she really liked him and he really liked her too, even though I've never seen them together like this before, the way she explains it is so cute. The rest of our coffee trip was spent talking about either her and Calum or the stupid party that was on Friday. We both didn't really want to go, but had promised the boys we would meet them there.

"We have to go shopping on Thursday after school for the party." Kassidy demanded.

"Again? Can't we just look through our closets for something?" I whined.

"No. Plus, I really want to look good at this party." She argued. I was really confused about why she had to look so fabulous at this party and she noticed quickly, "Because I want to look good for Calum." She added on.

"Oh ok, that makes sense." We were just about to get ready to go when I heard a voice call my name.

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" When I turned around, it was not anybody who I was expecting.

Hey! I know it's shorter than usual, but it's kind of late when I'm writing this and my friend really wanted me to update. Speaking of friends you guys should all check out the accounts @kelseykesl5 and @bellabean27 they're writing some stories and it would be awesome if you would look at them. Thanks. I hope that you guys like it, I should update soon, but I'm actually kind of busy right now. Surprising right? I'm actually doing stuff over summer break. I can update for this week and next week, but the week after that I'm going up to a week long camp so I won't be able to do anything on wattpad for that week. But anyways, vote and comment. Byeeee.