Chapter 4

Charlie's POV

I quickly walked up the stairs to my room to change into my pajamas. I decided to watch Netflix until I got tired. As I pulled up the site, my phone vibrated indicating someone texted me.

Unknown Number: Hey Charlie

Charlie: Who is this

Unknown Number: Luke

Charlie: Oh hey. How'd you get my number?

Luke: Kassidy

Charlie: I'm gonna kill her

Luke: Why? Don't you want to talk to me?

Charlie: It's not that, at least not only that, but she can't give out my number to random boys

Luke: I'm not just any random boy though, I'm your hot neighbor

Charlie: Don't get too cocky, I've still seen better

Luke: Really? Like who?

Charlie: Zac Efron, Channing Tatum, Andrew Garfield, Chris/Liam Hemsworth, Matty Healy

Luke: .......

Charlie: Haha, see even you can't argue with those

Luke: I meant normal people those guys are like superhuman

Charlie: I guess, but still they're very attractive

Luke: Since you have such a great music taste, ever heard of Blink-182?

Charlie: I've heard of them never listened to them before

Luke: :'(

Charlie: Sorry

Luke: LISTEN TO THEM

Charlie: Ok, no need to yell

Luke: Good

Charlie: Gtg

Luke: Aww :—( bye

I still wasn't tired but Luke had interrupted my Netflix marathon. Supernatural and Doctor Who were waiting for me.

The Next Day

As i wiped the sleep from my eyes, I had remembered what happened last night. The memories of Luke and I in the closet, to him dropping me off, and when he texted me. I quickly grabbed my phone to check if it really happened. As I expected the conversation about attractiveness and Blink-182 was all there. As I checked my clock it was around 8. I always woke up earlier than most teenagers and I don't know why. I figured that since nobody else would really be out, I decided to go on a run. I needed to start exploring this city. I jumped out of my bed and got into a blue sports bra and my black running pants. Nobody should really be out, so this should be ok. I really needed to clear my head from last night. I was still confused about where Luke and I stood. Were we friends now or was he just being nice? I picked up my headphones and phone from my nightstand and headed outside. Even this early, it was still really hot. I headed in the direction of the beach and turned away from it, if I was going to explore now would be the best time. The street that I ran down had a bunch of little shops, one of them being Starbucks. Luckily I had brought my credit card in case of something like this came up.

"Hi! What can I do for today?" A perky girl asked me.

"Um, can I have a grande ice cafe mocha?" I said.

"Sure coming right up"

I slid my card on the card thing and went to wait for my drink. It wasn't really busy so my drink came in just a few minutes.