Chapter 14

Charlie's POV

"Charlie? Answer me. Where did those marks come from?" He asked again.

"Nowhere. I must of just fallen or something." I lied. Which was becoming a bad habit of mine.

"I don't believe that shit. Charlie, please just tell me. I don't want you to get hurt anymore." He begged. I wanted to tell him, I really did, but if I told Luke I would just get hurt again and there's a chance Luke could too. I didn't want to risk anything. 

"Please. I'll do anything for you to just tell me, princess." He was becoming desperate. I felt bad, but I couldn't tell him. Maybe if he knew then he could scare off Jake, but he also could overreact and end up hurting Jake. He could help, he could also make things worse. Jake could hurt him, Luke can handle himself though. This constant battle in my head was getting old and Luke was becoming frustrated more and more each second I was keeping my silence. I should just tell him.

"Well, I was just getting my stuff from my locker when Jake came to talk to me. I told him that I was with you, and started to walk away, but he grabbed my arm and that's how the marks happened." I said, trying to make it as innocent as possible and purposefully leaving out the whole thing with him doing anything to get me. I knew Luke would already freak out from Jake just talking to me, Luke did not need to know anything else.

"I'm gonna kill him for touching you. Did he do anything else?" Luke jumped off of my bed and walked to my door.

"No." I said quietly, but he gave me a doubtful look. 

I told him about Jake's threat, and begged him not to do anything. But, of course, Luke didn't listen. He bolted down my stairs and I ran after him.

"We told you to stay away from him, young lady." My mom yelled from the living room.

"Not now, mom!" I started to open my door, but she came and pulled me back.

"Do not speak to me like that. And stay away from him. He's a bad example for you." She said while blocking the front door.

"You can't say that! He hasn't done anything to you or me or anyone! He's not a bad example, I already explained to you what he has done for me! Just let me follow him!" While talking, I was apparently using my arms a lot and she noticed the red marks on my arm.

"Did he do that?" She grabbed my arm to examine them.

"No. Just let me through. Please, he's gonna do something really stupid and I need to stop him." I pleaded.

"No, go upstairs. You don't need him." She clearly wasn't going to change her mind, so I ran up to my bedroom with tears streaming down my face. She didn't know that I did need him. Without him, I didn't know where I would be right now. I put on this tough girl act here because when I didn't have it, I would just get picked on and bullied at my last school. But Luke helped me realize that I didn't need to put up an act, he helped me through everything. I noticed my window while I was thinking. I pulled it open and climbed out of it. I had to find Luke. He was probably at Jake's house, but I didn't have any way of getting there. I pulled out my phone and called the first person I could think of. 

"Charlie? What do you need?" 

"P-please can you just come take me to Jake's house. L-luke's gonna do something s-stupid. Please." I begged.

"Of course, I'll be there soon." I hung up and waited for a few minutes before a familiar car pulled up in front of my house.

"Thanks Mikey."

"No problem." The car ride was silent until we pulled up in front of Jake's house. Luke's car was here too. I raced to the house. Michael tried to pull me back because he didn't want me to see what might be going on in there, at least that's what he told me, but I needed to at least try to stop Luke from doing whatever he was going to try and do. Once I burst through the door, I saw something I could never unsee. Luke had Jake on the floor and was punching him senseless.