viii. day seven; part two

saturday night, day seven

"so... your friend's a boy?"

you sighed, causing todoroki to cough awkwardly. "yes dad. my friend is a boy."

when you and todoroki reached the car, your dad's face was full of pure shock. when you had called your mother about a friend staying over, he expected a girl-friend.

you had hopped in the front seat while todoroki sat behind you in the back seat. the car was fairly clean, a few candy wrappers stuffed in the door (from what todoroki could assume was from you).

your dad was taller than the average man, but shorter than todoroki's father. he seemed like a laid-back man, not too strict but knows when to enforce the rules. he didn't seem like the type of person to force anyone to do anything. todoroki already envied you in that aspect.

"what's your name, kid?" your dad asked todoroki, snapping him out of his gaze.

"it's todoroki shoto, mr. l/n," todoroki replied nervously.

your dad let out a chuckle, a glint in his e/c eye's. "no need for formalities, please. just call me d/n," your dad affirmed.

todoroki mumbled an "okay," staring straight ahead of him. you looked back at your dual-haired friend, a small smile etched onto your lips. he sent a weak one back, his stomach in knots from nerves. todoroki hadn't been this nervous since the u.a. sports festival.

"wait, i know you from somewhere," d/n spoke up suddenly, causing you and todoroki to sweat-drop.

you laughed awkwardly, avoiding eye contact with your dad. "he's a pretty popular person dad..."

"you're the brother of todoroki natsuo, aren't you!" he suddenly exclaimed, a laugh following after.

you and todoroki shared a look, both equally dumbfounded. todoroki cleared his throat, shuffling in his seat. "yeah, he's my older brother. how do you know him?" todoroki asked, peculiar of d/n. out of all his family members, he recognized him through natsuo.