the musical soundtracks

Here are the background music/karaoke for the eurovision songs:
I will also go over the storytelling inside the actual musical part.

Portugal.

Here we get the real traditional kind of music (which is one of my favorite genres). The sort of circus march style that you can hear signals the mess and chaoticness of her love. The drama throughout is beautiful and show the drama in love. It's a very cheerful upbeat track, which again the story she is telling is cheerful. I really like how she added in bits where no music plays so she can really show her astonishing voice.

Moldova.

Again this is a song centered around tradition and this shines through in the music. It is also much more dramatic without his voice. Throughout the chorus there is a 3 beat rhythm. This is mostly famouse for the walse which is of course a wedding dance, the whole lyrics are based on. Together with tradition you also get a mix with a modern beat. This reflects the lyrics contrast between sun and moon.

Germany.

For a rock song not much music in the background. This doesn't affect the brilliance of the song though. The first thing that is apparent is the contrast with the music, which reflects the choruses contrast between blood and glitter and sweet and bitter but there is also a line which states we are free to break and change. The contrast is also there in rock and synth. I love the wierd synth bits that sould like a really bad sound effect, they work well in the song with or without the vocals.

Cyprus.

Throughout the song you can hear a wierd noise that seems to be singing the lyrics in a distorted way. This is so the vocals sound more at home with the music. I actually didn't notice this until I listened just now. I have a slight problem with that as if they keep this for live then it could make his vocals extremely out of place. This is what happened in Dansk Grand Pri. However, this wouldn't affect this song to much. Anyway I love the cool layed back aliens vibe you get with this. It maches the lyrics well.

Estonia.

Here you can see one of the best storytelling in music from 2023. It starts of as this sad, almost scary pianno solo. This mirrors the depression and anxiety of the lyrics. Then as we go on more layers are added and it starts to get more cheerful. The same place where the character in the lyrics starts to make connections with people and build relationships. Then when the character reflects it goes back to a melancholy sound. Which is followed by a triumphant part with a brilliant dramatic ending.