Chapter 3 • Dead Heart

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

ME and everyone were running fast through the nights of this small, quiet town.
We all dashed from place to place from building roof to another roof.

I stopped on top of one of the most expensive brown bricked buildings in this old, basic neighborhood. I looked around trying to use my ears and see if I could hear who in the hell decided to pay us a visit so late in the evening.

"Enzo, we found something in the entrance of the town." I heard Katrina's voice through my ears going in a different direction so I ran toward it immediately.

I made it my way towards the street where everyone gets welcomed to the small town in Rhode Island. I see everyone crowded around in a circle near the huge welcoming sign. Katrina walks up to me and I go past her ignoring her presence.

So she just follows up behind me.

"What the hell happened?" I go up to all of them. I move Christopher aside with my shoulder seeing a dead woman. I felt my eyes channel into the form I hated showing.

"Could you figure out how the fangs were dug into her neck?" I said low, not making eye contact with any of them.

The body was just of course lifeless. It looked like this woman wasn't even over 30, maybe 23? Her hair was sark milky brown with blonde highlights going all around her small, buttoned face.

"It looked like the fangs went in deep, they were definitely thicker, so it shows it was a man." Makel's melanated hand examines the wound gaged around her neck and pale collarbone.

A man.

"Is there any venom injected in her body?" I kneel down to see for myself. "A little, but not a lot." He replied with a sigh. He's a pure blood—

"Damn it" I put my hand through my long hair trying to figure out what bloodline he was, is he my bastard brother or someone I used to know a hell of a long time ago.

I stood up "Don't touch the body. Leave it for the police to deal with"— I walk away "Meet back at the house before 2 AM." I heard Katrina and Kraven start following me.

I turn around seeing them stop in front of me. "Leave me alone for christ sakes. I need to get away from all of you" my back faces their confused faces once again.

"Lorenzo"— Katrina pauses "Do not call me that, and go fucking bother someone else." I don't know why but hearing my full name really pisses me off from other people.