Chapter 10 • Something Different

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

BAKING is what has been keeping me busy these past few hours.
It's been about a day or two since the fundraiser.

I walk out with another tray of cookies placing them on for display. The calm music played throughout the big open bakery.
I hum walking around the counter serving people's delight on a plate, putting a smile on her face.

"Did you get that families order in the booth?" My mom asks me and I said yes to her going back behind the counters, minding my own business. I took out a book from the hidden stack under the shelves.

I lean over the counter while reading the pages of another world. As the time went by people came and people left making the ringing of the door become extremely annoying.
It disrupted my reading, but I continued to read it anyway.

Everest and the rest of the friend group settled in and sat down in a booth near the windows getting the best view up front. I didn't say hi to any of them since I was in my own world.
Suddenly my book was covered by a big pale hand placing my book down. "Peekaboo sunshine." His voice was in a sarcastic playful tone.

"Hi Lorenzo" I roll my eyes putting the book down. "Whoa what's got you in your gloom and doom." He sat in the stool in front of me once more.
"You just ruined a perfectly good book moment for me." I explain to him setting out his coffee for today.

"How are you." He said with a peak of curiosity "I'm fine.. what about you?" I hand him his mug while his hand grazed against mine.
"Dead as a nail. But at least I'm what they call Mr. Tall, dark, mysterious and handsome" I gave him a weird look once he said that.

"Girls behind me just said that." He clicks his tongue moving his head behind him to the girls. "Yea they're not wrong." I sigh putting the coffee pitcher back where it needed to go.
"What is it." He groaned knowing I was in a mood.

"Nothing you just seem different than usual or you're drunk." I said honestly and he rolls his eyes in response. "For the record I'm surprisingly not drunk or high today, so maybe it's me being sober."
The exasperating laugh popped out of me. "Where's Kraven and your brother?" I change the topic before he got too cocky. "Don't know don't care.." His lips take the mug on his mouth "Surprised not to see you with Kraven." I tried to make conversation with him, but I could tell he wanted to stay quiet for a moment.

"Why'd you stop talking." He looks at me, I felt like my heart jumped when I saw his eyes look— "Can you take off for the night" The mug slides back to me across the counters.

"Why do you need me to"—  he put his finger up shaking it clicking his tongue. "Don't ask questions, just come for me Bells" I turn my back toward him. "So if I go, you won't do anything...stupid" I went back to his covered face by his black hair.