Chapter 14 • The News

·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

LORENZO eventually came to terms with me leaving and he drops me off in front of my own house that I haven't seen in forever.

I don't know why I was so uncomfortable with the fact that I have to talk to Emilia. I couldn't tell her anything because she can't remember. I also wondered what Kraven had to tell Enzo, but I know he's not telling me if it's important.

The main reason that I had to leave is because last night. I still couldn't believe that even happened. It didn't even sound right the more I thought about it.
It feels more addictive than it should be, I could tell he wanted more from me.
I couldn't even satisfy him—

I unlock my door, stopping my annoying thoughts. "Emilia?" I peak my head in then closing the door. I hung up my keys on the aesthetic wooden rack making my way into the kitchen.
Everest was in there making coffee.

"What the f"— I covered my mouth. "Oh you're back." He said flatly, placing down the two mugs he made. "Yeah.. I'm back" I walk over to the island standing across from him. "Where did you go?" He slides the mug over to me, but I decline it since Lorenzo gave me some.

"Just out of state, but not too far. Where's Emilia?" I didn't really want to have a conversation with him right now. I did wonder how he was doing since.. everything.
"She's upstairs finishing her showering I think" He takes a sip of his coffee.

"You.. seem a little overdressed coming back from the airport" he points out to my dress. I shrug "I didn't have much left in my bag" I show him my big tote.
"Hm" His hand tousled through his blonde hair walking around the island going over to me.

"Were you with him?" He sounded uncomfortable just speaking of him. "No I wasn't with him, I wanted to be by myself" I hate that I lied, but I don't feel like having to deal with being judged right now.

I already have my parents for that.

"Emilia quite literally cant remember anything after what he did." He continued the conversation then hearing her come downstairs moved my attention. "Oh my god!" She squeals running down to hug me. "You look so pretty and natural" Her eyes gaze over my face.

I shook my head with a smile. "So me and Everest were heading to the bakery if you want to come?" Making me figure out what he was here for.

I only said sure because I was hoping he'd be there with his group or maybe even by himself.
"Yeah sure I'll come" I agreed.

It felt nice being back in the depths of my room. It may have only been a week at their house, but I got used to the dark so it felt weird looking at so much light.