Chapter 10.

We find ourselves in the den where we usually have family meetings. I've cleaned the blood off my skin, but it'll never come off my clothes. I informed one of the housekeepers to tell Aria she will be sent home and I won't be able to see her today.

Across from Issy and I, my mom is sitting on the chaise with the camera bag on the ground. The wallet still lingering in her hand.

"Is anybody going to speak?"

"Where's father?" I ask and Issy butts in simultaneously, "Where's Greta?"

I give her a dark look and her cheeks turn red.

Mother cocks her head to me, crossing a leg over the other, "Father left in the morning for a business trip." Then she turns to Issy, "Greta is in her chamber."

"He didn't tell you about last night?" I question curiously and she shakes her head frustrated.

"The part where he vanished then Aiden and Issy snuck out of the estate with a car? No, he didn't." She informs us two but Issy is silent and staring at the ground.

I clench my jaw, "Last night, a human snuck into the estate and saw Aria kill the servant. I found her and father wanted to kill her, but she told us that her father works for the largest news company and if she went missing, we'd be screwed." I explain and my mother's brows crease and her eyes narrow.

"Why couldn't you glamour her?" She inquires and I shrug in response.

"That's why I would like to speak to Greta and find out." Issy interjects and I hiss at her voice.

Mother's eyes instantly shoot at the door. Issy and I turn around and find Greta wedging her way between the double doors.

"The boy can't glamour the girl." Greta points at me as she informs my mother. My breathing deepens as Greta's dark eyes watch me. "The loyalty wouldn't be there."

"I don't need loyalty." I growl, picking dry blood off my palm.

"Is this Mavis not human?" The word falls into utter silence while Greta slowly sits on a chair. She's older than my parents—human age wise. She's known my mother for decades and have formed an alliance so she can train us and our abilities.

When I was a child, I used to by accidentally glamour innocent humans for giving me what I wanted in the villages. Damien was devious and would have people love him by focusing on their emotions. As well as Aiden...he's a tough subject.

He's still trying to figure his out.

Issy doesn't have any and the fact that I angrily take it out on her—she hates being left out.

"She's human all right." Greta laughs, slapping her knee at something that isn't funny. She points at me again, "Which is going to spark your life."

Issy silently looks at my mom and I lean my elbows on my knees.

"What do you mean?" I hiss, baring my fangs angrily.

"She's your mate." Greta places her hand against her heart, "I feel it."

Bullshit.

"You can't feel shit." I shoot up from my seat and mother snaps her fingers together and holds a daring look. "Me mated to a random human?"

"Destined, boy." She says which makes me roll my eyes. If it was destined, it would've happened decades ago and she'd be a vampire.

I laugh manically, not finding this funny at all. I whirl to mother, "You believe her?"

"I do," Issy mutters and when I glare at her, her head is bowed down with a curtain of hair covering her face.

"Well, where is Mavis?" Mother ignores me and curiously asks Issy. A small, excited smile lingers on her lips.