PROLOGUE

"As you all know, Probability is a field of Mathematics that deals with chance."

I stopped focusing in front when my head began hurting like hell. My vision started to get blurry. Napahawak ako sa ulo ko sa sobrang sakit.

"Can someone tell me what are the basic concepts of Probability?" Ms. Nones questioned.

"Mr. Gaizer? Could you?"

Even though I'm not in a good condition to answer the question, I still force myself to stand up. Tumikhim ako at tinuon ang buong atensiyon sa professor na naghihintay ng sagot ngayon sa 'kin.

All eyes of my classmates are now on me. Tinukod ko ang kamay ko sa chair na nasa harap ko upang hindi ako matumba.

"The basic concepts of Probability are Experiment, Outcome, Event and Sample Space. I can give it's definition if that's what you want me to do, Miss."
I answered my Professor's question without hesitation.

She slowly smiled, that kind of smile that villains do, "I want you to give it's full definition, Mr. Gaizer."

Napalunok ako dahil sa mas lalong pagbigat ng aking pakiramdam. I can give it's definition effortlessly but I'm not in a good condition to speak further.

I was about to answer the question when I felt myself slowly loosing grip. The pain in my head is unbearable that I almost fainted. Yumuko ako upang hindi nila makita ang pamumutla ng aking mukha.

"I. . . I need to e-excuse myself, miss." I managed to say.

Patakbo akong lumabas sa classroom, at diniretso ang CR. Sa sobrang hilo ko ay hindi ko namalayan na nasa loob na pala ako ng cubicle. I sat there, waiting my head to stop hurting.

Siguro nasobrahan naman ako sa pag-aaral kagabi. From time to time, sumasakit ang ulo ko pero minsan nakakaya ko namang tiisin, ngayon lang talaga siya sumakit nang grabe.

Hindi ko pa napapatingin ito sa doctor dahil baka napagod lang talaga ang sarili ko sa kakaaral. I have this kind of attitude that I want to do things perfectly, as an academic achiever I have a fear that I might disappoint the people around me including myself of course. It's the high expectations that I set to myself. I want to accomplish more and for me to do it, I need to exhaust myself from studying all night.

Bumuga ako ng marahas na hangin nang gumaan na ng kaunti ang aking pakiramdam. With the support of the walls around me, I managed to stand.

Dahan-dahan akong naglakad papalapit sa washing area at doon na marahas na naghilamos. Napatingin ako sa salamin na nasa harap ko.

For some reason, I pitied myself. Dark circles can be seen around my two eyes. I have now paler lips and a messy grown hair. Seriously, I look like a ghost.

I heaved out a deep sigh. Lumabas din kaagad ako sa CR at bumalik sa room. Paniguradong sermon ulit ang maaabutan ko kay Ms. Nones, terror pa naman iyon.

I was about to open the door infront of me when a random girl came in first. Kumunot ang nuo ko nang bahagya niya akong binangga. She did it purposely, I knew it.

I calmed myself and just entered the room like nothing happened. Diretso akong umupo sa aking upuan at doon nilabas ang makapal na libro ko. Actually, wala naman kaming upcoming exam pero dahil nga wala naman akong kaibigan dito ay nagbabasa ako lagi ng mga educational books to ofcourse, kill some time.

Inayos ko ang glasses ko at nagsimulang mag-focus sa binabasa. I was about to turn the next page when a hand interrupted me. I slowly lifted my head to know who it was.

My lips formed in a thin line. Who the fuck is this annoying girl in front of me?! My inner monologue said.

"Hi? You're the top student here, 'no?" She directly approached me.

I stared at her, maintaining my blank expression.

"Eloise Constancio, an exchange student here. Almost a week na rin ako pumapasok dito pero hindi pa tayo nag-uusap, kaya I decided na i-approach ka!" She jokily laughed. She sat shamelessly beside me.

I bit my lower lip to hide my frustration. I don't want to be rude but this girl is really trying my patience here.

I fix my eyeglasses and get back to reading again. What a waste of time.

"Ayaw mo ko pansinin? Ah, so introvert ka?" Naramdaman ko ang pagtango-tango niya.

"Well, intovert loves to be alone right? So you are too. But a someone to talk to won't hurt you!" Tinuro nito ang sarili, "I volunteer to be your companion, Mr. Gaizer." She grinned.

I frowned. I'm not in the mood to have a conversation with stranger right now. This day is frustrating already! Dinagdagan pa ng babae na 'to.

"You won't really talk?" Nagkibit balikat siya. Mas nilapit nito ang upuan sa akin.

"Reasonable naman since I'm still a stranger to you. . . " She whispered under her breath but I still heard it clearly.

I heard her sigh, "In the first place naman talaga, ayaw kitang i-approach. You're intimidating kaya, pero noong nakita kitang namumutla kanina 'tas parang nasasaktan physically. . . ewan ko ba, nagkalakas loob na lang ako bigla para kausapin ka," wika nito sa mababang boses. I can feel her concern while saying that words to me.

I lifted my gaze to stare at her. Doon ko lang nakita kung gaano kaganda ang mga mata nito. Her eyes and her smile made her glow.

"You look lonely and sad at the same time, and I can't ignore it." She smiled once again, a smile that will surely make your heartbeat wild.

It's a first time someone saw my pain and loneliness. And it's unbelievable that this stranger in front of me is that someone.