Chapter 4 - Trust

Raoul was still shocked about what he has witnessed earlier, of course he wasn't clueless. Estrella was a demon, leading on the war against the great heavenly principles,  so it wasn't too suprising that she would be the leading force on the battlefield. But to think that she resuscitates the dead bodies of the deceased angels, just to lock them in a chamber and turn them into bloodthirsty animals, truly disgusted him.

He remembered the conversation he had with Virgil yesterday.

"Tch, interesting. Shouldn't your priority as her consultant be, her safety ? Yet here we are discussing matters, of crossing her path of destruction. Why aren't you on her side ? " Virgil scoffed.

"I thought a long time about, how this war will affect the relations between the two realms. Estrella's plan isnt to stop the war, she wants to keep going and whipe out every single heavenly creature that exists. Wouldn't a good ruler want peace instead of, an eternal war? "

Virgil bursted out laughing as he bent over holding his stomach, as he cackled like a hyenna.

"You fool, you come to me for peace ? Yeah right. What a good joke. I thought she hired you because of your intelligence, seems she really just went for the eyecandy as always. " Virgil whiped his eyes, that teared up from laughing so hard.

"You saw her on the battlefield haven't you?  What exactly is your plan to destroy her ? You would be delusional, to think that you could beat her." Virgil smirked, eventhough he was confident that he was stronger than his sister, he had doubts about Raoul's capabilities.

Raoul rummaged in a small bag, he carried around his waist, as he took out a small iron collar with a chain around it connecting to shackles.

"These are restrictive shackles. If a being of magic has them on, while using magic, they will gain an electric shock of 400 volts, running through their body. For an ordinary person, this would mean death. But , since she is inflicting pain on her self everyday , she will merely pass out long enough for us to lock her inside the chamber while we take over the kingdom. " Raoul said with a stern look.

Virgil whisteled. "Damn, and here i thought you are just some tramp from the dirty streets."

Raoul smiled as he held out his hand towads Virgil initiating a handshake.  "You can only benefit from this , didn't you want to become King ? This bulletproof plan will make you gain you your precious throne."

A wide smirk spread across Virgil's face as he shook Raoul's habd estatically. "Fuck it , i'm in. You better don't fuck this up."

Raoul shook his head smiling as he passed the shackles onto Virgil. 
"She should be back from the battlefield soon, after the battle she like to take a shower and a small nap in our room. All you have to do is to put this on her neck and make sure, that you hear a click. That way you know that its secured around her neck. "

Virgil thought for a second. "How do i know you're not setting up a trap for me ?"

Raoul smiled as he took the collar and put it around Virgil's neck. "Now try to use your magic on me."

Virgil lifted his hand to summon a spell as the promised, fourhundert volt rushed through his body making him sink unwillingly to the floor. As he looked at Raoul's polished shoes, while he stepped closer .

"I-impressive." , he muttered in pain.

Raoul smiled as he kneeled down to Virgil smiling sinisterly.

"So what do you say, do we have a deal? " he asked as his eyes turned purple red while smiling wider.

"Y-Yes. You have my word."