Chapter 7 - Torn

They say that big responsibilities come with a big price and that once a decision is made final, you can't change the fate of a lost soul. But even a lost soul, needs guidance to follow it's destined path. 

Therefore, as the Grim Reaper, it is my responsibility to guide the lost souls to their destiny. Like i was supposed to guide my kingdom to the triumph in this cold war. But fate, had different plans for me it seemed. As the Grim Reaper, i shall take the lead once again and guide these poor souls to their destiny. 

Estrella woke up sweating, she was hoping that everything that has happend so far was just a chilling nightmare she would soon be able to wake up from, but soon she would come back to her reality. A devistating and pathetic reality. Her kingdom was still being demolished by Raoul's might and her nation was still in danger, while her hands were tied by force. The urge to fight back, began to become smaller bit by bit and she wondered if she shouldn't just give up and become a human, on earth instead. 

She would live in an apartment somewhere, in a city big enough to not stand out too much, create a new identity and just live a peaceful life. 

Estrella stared at the bed lost in thought as Azalar stepped into the room, touching her shoulder gently, which made her startle. She looked at him, as he smiled warmly saying words she blended out unconciously. 

"Oh, i'm terribly sorry. Didn't mean to startle you. How was your sleep, your Majesty?" Azalar said with a smile on his face. 

Estrella slowly moved her head up, as she felt a bit dizzy all of a sudden. "I.. i feel awfully tired and to be completely honest, i am struggling." 

"Have you eaten anything since you left your kingdom behind, your Majesty?" Azalar asked concerned as he sat next to, Estrella supporting her with his arm around her shoulders. Estrella shook her head slowly. "I don't need to eat, i need to go back and safe my kingdom." 

Azalar shook his head as he hugged Estrella tight. Estrellas cold body shivered in his arms as she felt his warmth all over, calming her a bit. 

"If you go and eat now, i will give you a present ok?"

Estrella sighed answering in an angry tone. "Why would i need food? Im a demoness! I don't need food! I need to go back to my kingdom!" 

Azalar looked at her with pity as he yelled at Estrella with a stern tone. "How will you safe your kingdom, if you can't even sit up properly! I understand, ok?! I understand your situation and i am trying to help you. But with all due respect, you are in a human state right now. You haven't eaten in days! You need nourishment! You can't regnerate energy anymore, because you function like those creatures you hate the most. Humans. Ok?! So please, for your own sake, eat something. Come, i will carry you to the dining room." Azalar said as he softly picked Estrella up, carrying her to the dining room as she held onto his shoulders. Estrella tried to pursuade him to change his mind, but Azalar wouldn't budge. 

Gently he sat her on a chair as he went, to the kitchen and started to cook a big breakfast. Consisting of a sunny side egg with bacon, some toast and pancakes served with jam, a variaty of juices and a hot chocolate. As he was done he served everything on the table, sitting across Estrella, as he wanted to give her some space. 

"Eat. Please." Azalar asked pleadingly. 

"I am not hungry." Estrella said, but her stomach started to growl loudly, proving otherwise. She murmured something as she started to eat, her eyes widening in suprise as she started to scarf down the food eagerly. 

Azalar smiled pleased as he drank his coffee while watching Estrella. "If this is how you act, when you're not hungry i don't even wanna know what hungry looks like." he chuckled. 

Estrella looked at him, lifting a brow as she munched on the pancakes. "Tch, it would be a waste to not eat it now, especially after you went through the trouble of making this for me." she said while she kept on eating. 

"Of course, im glad you enjoy it." he smiled. 

"...I want to go back on the battlefield. I must not let my people down." Estrella said in a quiet tone. 

"No. You must eat up and rest. After that, we will have lunch together and after that, we will look at show in the arena today." Azalar said as he ate some of the toast, while smiling at Estrella. 

"Arena? You mean like a gladiator fight?" she asked confused. 

"Yes. That was one of my suprises for you, the other one is in your room being prepared for you and the last one i will give to you at the arena.", he said as he finished the breakfast. "But first, eat up." he said with a smile.

Estrella suddenly ate more enthusiastically, as she finished up quickly, before leaving to her room. As she opened the door, she found a long black leather dress, with leg cut outs and V-Neckline. The top decorated with red rhinestones. which, suited perfectly, to the sandals with red diamonds on them. She decided to tie her hair up in a  high ponytail, letting only har bangs hang in her face as she headed out to the main hall, where Azalar was already waiting for her with a smile on his face. "I knew it would suit you."