Chapter 5 - Obedience

Allthough Estrella, wanted to trust Raoul with all her heart, something about Damien's words and Raouls actions, made her feel uneasy. Damien's theories added up a bit too much.

Yet, she was sure that Raoul was a demon. Why else would he have been at the market, that day. Was their first meeting coincidence or was it actually planned.

Her doubts made her feel even more uneasy as she walked around her room, while thinking.

Why would he come down now, is this some new strategy?

She left the room to get some fresh air, but stopping as she saw Raoul in the corridor.
He turned his head as he heard a sound from Estrellas room, looking at her with suprise in his eyes.

She tilted her head and squinted her eyes unsure, what to think of his suspicious reaction.

Averting her gaze she walked to the throne room, as Raoul shouted after her.

"Estrella, wait!" he called out, as he ran towards her.

Estrella stood still, as she slowly turned around, putting on a cold gaze.

"Are you ok ? You have been in your room all day, i barely saw you today. Are you feeling ill ? " As Estrella looked at his face. She saw a glimpse of concern in his expression, which made her wonder if it was genuine or not.

"It's odd to me, that you have been spending so much time with Virgil, lately. I noticed that you hang around him, like alot. Don't you think it's weird to spend time with your lovers enemy ? " she said as she looked at him with a confused expression.

"I ...you mentioned that he has it out for you, so i was trying to keep him away from you and close to me, to protect you." He sakd as he took her hands in his and smiled softly.

"You see, that just doesn't make sense. It was also odd that as a resident of hell, you have a horrified or angry expression , everytime you see me slay one of the heavenly descenders."

"It was my first time, seeing a corpse."

"I doubt it. Otherwise you wouldn't have watched me on the battlefield."

"....hah, what a shame. I ran out of excuses,so soon." Raoul said as his expression suddenly darkened and his dominour became more harsh. "Virgil didn't follow the plan, so now i need to take matters into my own hands."

Before Estrella could react, Raoul kicked her through the throne room walls, as he quickly teleported right infront of her and put the sealing chain around her neck,as it made a clicking sound snapping in place.

Estrella reached out to try and use her magic abilities but was quickly, hit with an electric shock that went through her whole body, making her scream in pain. She watched in ave, as Raoul stepped closer, spreading out his angelic white wings.

"So...Damien was telling the..truth..you are one ..of them" she huffed in pain.

"I'm sorry, Estrella. I tried to be civil but , watching you take pleasure in torturing my own kind is something i can't let slide anymore."

Estrella widened her eyes in shock upon hearing his words. "Your own kind, huh? Ha ha, i'm glad then, i almost slept with a disgusting, bird creature." Estrella laughed, but not for too long as Raoul took her by her head and smashed it into the wall. "You don't understand how difficult it was for me to hold back, when you showed me this room of death."

Estrellas eyes rolled back as she was on the verge of passing out, yet she kept on laughing.

"Oh i bet. What ? Did you feel that bad for how useless your kind has become ? Don't you feel bad ? God has sent you here to kill me, he would have sacrificed you for nothing ! Are you aware of that ?!"