Chapter 15

Previously on Soulmates- We both pull away from each other and I see a look of confusion on Damian's face "What's wrong" he opens his mouth before closing it "Damian" he finally goes to speak "I-do you have red eyes normally"

A/N- Well I missed two weeks...so sorry :( Hope this double update makes up for it even if they are short chapters! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sigh "What did you see" he grips my hands again which makes me smile "Well"

Y/N Memory

A huge forest surrounds Y/N with a complicated path filled with shooting targets meant for a bow and arrow or a gun. Y/N looks around to make the area is completely abandoned before running into the path and pulling out both a gun and knives to throw at the targets she passes. Also testing her agility by moving through multiple trees while jumping up to trees to get over obstacles. When she runs out of bullets and knives she goes for her bow which is around her back and begging to test firing into multiple targets. Flipping to get her next target she lands a bullseye and keeps going. Coming up on the next target she reaches for her next arrow to realize she's out, Her eyes glow red and she blasts the target blowing a hole straight through the tree.

End of Memory

I close my eyes and open them again with the red color glowing brightly "It turns on automatically when I use my powers but I can just have the red when I want...but I think people might look at you odd if you have red eyes" He doesn't say anything the whole time but once I stop talking he moves closer making me clench up a bit "Is something wrong with them" He places two fingers under my chin pulling me in closer with a fascinated look on his face.

"Absolutely resilient" I gasped and felt a small blush rise to my face "...you- you like them?" he nodded "your unique with these eyes- I mean your unique without them too but they do add on to what makes you...you".

I look towards the waterfall "The only one who actually accepted them was the person who gave them to me, but he had matching ones and had no reason to dislike them...the one time someone other than him saw them- they freaked and called me a devil child then starting beating me".

It was silent for a while until Talia spoke very softly "How old were you" I kept my eyes trained on the water before answering "9 years old" Damian turned my head so I was looking at him "Bel- Y/N everything that you went through, awful as it is you made it through. You're a fighter, a survivor". "Thank you, Damian, I appreciate it. Truly I do" he nodded "I told you that you can trust me with anything" I nod and put my head down so I don't have to meet his green-eyed gaze.

"Not to break the moment but we are supposed to be training you on this connection you two have before you have to go on this mission" I look at Talia before turning back to Damian. He held out his hands again and I put mine in his "We shared memories this time without even knowing, maybe when we connect we solely need to think about the present and what words we wish to speak if this is going to work".

Talia adds to my thought "She might be on to something Damian, try that and see if it works" We look at each other and once again touch our foreheads together. We both seem to pull away when another memory is about to start "More memories?" we both turn to Talia and nod making her sigh.

"Maybe ... let's try it so only one of us is saying something in our head" I smirk at his idea "Look at you outsmarting me" he smirks back "Never, I don't know what you are talking about" We both laugh together before being interrupted "Damian you try first, only you say something" we both calm down when Talia speaks and lean back in this time with my head being blank of memories.