Twelve Years Later

Twelve Years Later

Raynar Zarek, the emperor of Elmor was not a man of values. Not when he was twenty and not even five years later at 27. He first met the unparalleled beauty whose fiery eyes burned him with a look on a rainy night when he turned twenty-five. He had lived with no restrictions and in the current of life, he forgot his mother's words. When someone suggested this brothel, he didn't say no. That night, drunk and barely conscious, he walked into the room of a young omega. The omega didn't simper, he was not cowed, and he served the emperor all night, eyes alight with a passion he has never seen before. His name is Amory. Beloved.

Raynar sat up. It had been a night of bad dreams. He had went to sleep with a lot on his mind and clearly the dreams followed that pattern. He drank some water and got ready for the day. Once ready, he stepped down. His family of six was in the hall.

"Good morning," smiled the youngest sweetly. He is only 22 this month.

Agnar didn't look pleased.

"Are you set on presenting that bill? The parliament will revolt. Already they claim the emperor is listening to the whims of a - Magnar broke off.

"Why should they revolt? Is it because of the bill's content or because of the emperor's omega?" asked Raynar.

"You call him your omega. Where is he? He still lives in that brothel and you live here. Even if he doesn't have anything to do with the bill, when the alpha emperor presents a bill in favour of omegas, they will look at his omega and no one else," said Magnar .

"We all know, whose brain child the bill is. And I had read through it. If you both can't get it passed, then do not call yourself our brothers. And your highness the emperor, do not show him your face," said Eri, their oldest omega brother. He is three years younger than Raynar and Magnar.

Magnar sighed.

"The presentation is only first step. The long three months ahead of us is the key. We have the entire left front in our pocket. The dissenters are the power hungry ones in our faction and the conservatives. That Azor family heir had been writing article after article about the emperor's weakness- his omega. I do not know where he gets the material from. A lot of rubbish is what it is," said Magnar.

"The writing is good but immaterial. He can do absolutely nothing with it," said Raynar.

"Naturally, only a while before they kick him down. An omega rising to the ranks among conservatives," snorted Eri.

The royal vehicles left the palace. Raynar was quiet as he leaned back on the seat.

"There is media all over the place," said Sigmund, his guard, a man in his sixties.

"There is no man in this land who does not know that I visit him or that we always take this route. Just go. They think these petty tricks matter," sneered Raynar. His eyes lingered on the yellow building as the cars glided through the road. Amory is a name everyone knew. But a face only a few know. Raynar's eyes met his. There was no smile on his face as he looked down at the emperor of the land high up in his tower. Only a firmness Raynar is intimately aware of. He gave a small nod and Raynar returned the gesture and the cars sped off.

The vehicles reached the official building of the empire. Here, the rules are made. Here the battles are fought. Raynar stepped out. Everyone fell silent and bowed as the emperor stormed past them. Back when he was in his early twenties, there were many among them who thought he can be manipulated. That he can be used. They had tried their best. In fact, in those days, he went with the flow. He forgot until he met him. The omega who woke him up.

He entered the podium as the three hundred and forty eight lords also took their seats.

"There are twelve emergency submissions. They are just papers to be read out," said Divona, his secretary. The beta is an old hand at what she does and his mother's friend.