Two matings

The day of the mating arrived.

To be honest, Arik and Alden, both were tensed. The Ansgar family was equally anxious. Andreas looked at Zimon once before they stepped out. They reached the palace. The alphas stepped out. Arik and Alden were both waiting with their family.

Andreas looked at the emperor and greeted him and the emperor consort. Then, he took Arik's hand and placed it in Andreas's. He looked at the omega who was looking at him. He nodded and led the omega to his vehicle. He opened the door and Arik stepped in. He looked at the alpha who then turned to look at the other ceremony.

Zimon was doing his best to not show his anxiety. He extended his hand and it felt unreal as the emperor placed Alden's hand on his. Alden looked at his brothers and then followed Zimon. Music could be heard around them as the wedding party left the palace gates. Usually, royal weddings could be held grandly if they wanted. But, all of them opted for the old traditional weddings. In olden times, a groom's party would arrive to collect the bride and then leave, just like now.

Alden was silent as Zimon drove. They two new couple were in separate vehicles.

"Cat got your tongue?" asked Zimon, finally. Alden threw him a half-hearted glare but didn't get snarky.

"I forgot to ask something," said Alden.

"What is it?"

"Will you mark me?"

Zimon expected a firm order regarding this which he would have been happy to oblige but he never expected a half- unsure question. He looked at his omega.

"If you would let me," said Zimon.

Alden met his eyes. They looked away as Zimon continued driving.

In the other car, Arik was silent and Andreas was looking at the road. This was the first time they were truly alone with each other since engagement.

"Alpha"

"Hmm?"

Before more could be said, they reached the Ansgar resident.

"What were you going to ask?" asked Andreas.

"Is there anything we need to keep in mind here. I barely know everyone," said Arik.

"Hmm, avoid anyone from extended family and even grandfather," said Andreas. Arik gave a small nod.

Both the couple entered the mansion. Andreas and Zimon led their omegas to where they had photos of their parents. They paid respects and then, Andreas looked at Arik. The omega knew where his alpha's suite was and he followed.

Arik breathed properly after he stepped into Andreas's room. It smelled safe and was warm. He looked at the alpha.

"Sit down," he said.

Arik did and looked at the alpha who did look lost for a moment.

He sat down beside the omega.

"This is your last chance to leave," said Andreas.

"If you can't stand me, I will leave," said Arik.

They looked at each other.

Andreas took a deep breath and extended his hand to hold the omega's chin. Arik turned his head a little bit, allowing access to the mating gland. Arik looked at the alpha as the man bit down, breaking his skin. The omega extended his head and Arik bit down on his alpha' s mating gland. A crescent moon shape formed on their neck. It looked beautiful and Arik looked a little overwhelmed as he looked at the alpha.