Eri's Struggle

Ezekiel looked at his son. He also looked at the video where Eri, true to himself, just stood there and looked at them, without touching.

"Sometimes, I wonder if I hadn't opened my stupid mouth that night, we would still have your ama with us, hmm?" he asked the sleeping child. He hesitated as he stared at Eri's number.

He typed- Do you want to see him?

He closed his eyes, took a deep breath and sent it.

The reply came five minutes later.

"Yes. Can I?"

Ezekiel closed his eyes.

He was never allowed close during the pregnancy but he had seen him struggle his way through it. Seeing him like that, Ezekiel had regretted ever asking him to keep the baby until the day he saw their child. He can regret and still love his child, right?

"Yes. I will bring him to palace."

Two hours later, Ezekiel took his son to palace. He wore the six-year-old his favourite alpha shoes too.

"Where are we going to?"

"To the palace," said Ezekiel.

"The 'Mperor?" he asked.

"Hmm, the emperor, rest of his family and a super omega," said Ezekiel.

"Omega? Like Nero?" he asked, patting himself.

"Yes, like you," said Ezekiel. He nodded seriously.

They reached the palace.

It was Amory who greeted them. He just looked at Nero who hid behind Ezekiel.

"He looks so much like your ama," said Amory.

"My ama? When have you met my Ama, your highness?" he asked.

"There are photos in the royal albums," said the emperor, as he came to stand beside his husband.

"I see," said Ezekiel. Raynar was looking at Nero, his nephew.

"Greet the emperor and emperor consort," said Ezekiel.

"Em—M-peror

"You may call us uncles," said Raynar.

"Uncle," said Nero, shyly as he looked at them both.

Maynar came then. He looked behind.

"Izah didn't come. Since he is now engaged, not allowed to go around as he wishes," said Ezekiel.

And then, the little ones also came. They greeted him and soon Nero was head over heels for them.

"A drink?" asked Raynar and got a glare from the consort.

"Not yet. Eri- Ezekiel broke off- the third prince-

"I am here," said Eri and Ezekiel turned.

And then he was looking past Ezekiel at Nero who was crawling over his uncles, all shyness gone.

"Come," said Ezekiel and walked over. Eri followed.

Raynar looked at his omega and said "Come, let's go watch them being tragic."

"You are ridiculous. That's one of your closest friends and your brother," said Amory, sealing off the drinks.

"Yeah, I know them very well. Both of them. They will live tragically until once of them slams their way into the other's residence when they are at their wit's end," said Raynar, with a sigh, as he pulled Amory closer.

The omega sighed.

"I told him I regret making you wait," said Amory.

"Shh, there is no place for regret, omega. You are here now and that's what matters," said Raynar, with a small smile. Amory nodded.