Conversations

Jeremy looked at both his nephews.

"I just got a summons from the palace," he said.

Both Andreas and Zimon raised an eyebrow at that.

"Would it be that his highness plans to pay us back so soon," snorted Andreas.

"Kid, I know you think I am unreasonable. Do you think this is a simple matter? Aunt Meredith was my father's legitimate sister. By that right, his highness the emperor consort is a legitimate heir to the family and all this happened. Do you understand how precarious our family's position is now?" he asked.

"Whose fault is that? Did grandfather not know that he had an actual sister he sent off to Lyr household?" asked Zimon.

Jeremy looked around to be sure that no one heard them and dragged the two idiotic men out of there.

The damage was done though.

Havier Ansgar stood at the door. Despite his old age, he didn't seem too tired.

"The royals have called, so, go. No need for this chit-chat," he said.

All three left.

On the way, Andreas looked at Zimon.

"Prince Arik didn't say anything?" he asked.

"His phone is switched off. When we spoke yesterday afternoon, he didn't say anything," said Zimon. He didn't mention that the Arik was upset about proposals for Andreas because he knew his brother will flip.

They reached the palace.

Andreas stepped out first. They were greeted at the door. All three were led in. Maynar was at the door. His tone was icy as he greeted them and then they entered the meeting room. There was the emperor, the emperor consort, Ezekiel, Ermelo and Izah. Maynar returned and sat beside his omega who placed a soothing hand on him.

They greeted everyone and before they could sit, Andreas looked at Zimon who nodded and pulled out an engraved box.

Andreas took it and bowed to the emperor and extended it.

"Please accept this as a gift from Ansgar household to the son-in-law," said Andreas.

Raynar looked at his omega who gave a small nod. The emperor turned and accepted it. Zimon took a second box. Andreas looked at the emperor consort. His facial features are same as their great-grandmother. He bowed. If he were raised as an heir of Azor household or Lyr household, he would have grown up as Andreas's younger cousin. This wouldn't amount to anything for the injustice he faced but Andreas wanted to greet him. So, he is giving the family heirlooms that belonged to Meredith.