A Devil Or An Angel

(Shido POV)

"..."

"..."

We were stunned into silence by the boy's ridiculous question. The boy was wearing casual clothing, unlike his first appearance where he was wearing his astral dress. He appeared to be curious about what I and Kurumi were talking about. After another round of silence, he finally gave a knowing look.

"Oh, I see what's happening. Don't be bothered by me and treat it as if I'm not here and continue with your chat."

"En-Enigma"

"Hmm? Is that a codename for me or something? Well, that doesn't matter as I have business with you." he said these words which baffled us.

"Excuse me, but it seems like we have a guest Itsuka-san," said Kurumi while suddenly changing into her astral dress."How impolite of me to ignore a guest."

"No, need for pleasantries after all I came here uninvited," said Enigma while maintaining a poker face.
"Instead, you should just explain what you did. Isn't it proper to explain the things you did to your senior?

As they engage in a battle of words I saw a particular white-haired girl standing there without doing anything. As I noticed her I then thought of an excuse to get us out of the current mess when suddenly she turned into a devil and started attacking Kurumi using Satan.

As for me, the attacks that might've hit me in the crossfire stopped midway because of Enigma's intervention. What looked like a beam of dark light suddenly hovered in the air as if it was frozen. He doesn't seem bothered by this in the slightest. Although I'm grateful for stopping the attacks that could potentially harm me. Why is he doing it? And why exactly thus he want from us?

"Well well well, isn't that quite violent for a greeting," said Kurumi while jumping up in the air.

"By the way do you need help?" Enigma asked.

Kurumi didn't answer and was pierced in by black lights in multiple directions.

"Origami how could you!?!" He yelled at Origami.

But then Origami's astral dress and angel vanished and she returned to her normal school attire.

She looked at me with a confused expression.

"Sh-Shido! What am I doing here." As she said that she looks genuinely confused.

"Uhm, are you ok?"

"Oh I'm sorry to trouble you it's just that lately, my mind going blank from time to time."

"Your mind's been going blank?

"Yes, by the way, have you seen the note I left on your table?"

"Yes, you said you're free this Saturday."

"Ah, yes!!" she said with a flustered face when she noticed a man standing beside Shido. "Uhm excuse but who is this?"

Then Shido just remembered about Enigma. He looks towards Enigma worriedly thinking that maybe he will be hostile to Origamii because of what she just did.

"Oh you mean me I'm a friend of this guy here." Thankfully it seems that this new spirit is quite sensible at least. But a friend? He kind of reminds me of the strange kid I met.

With that Origami just said her goodbyes and left. Because of that, I was left alone with the Enigma here.
He then said something.

"Hey, you got to explain what you were talking about earlier." I for one did not heed this and tried to let Kurumi explain so I called out to her but she didn't come out. Was she injured? While I was thinking about this I heard his voice again.

"She ditched you." I don't know why but I could feel that he somehow enjoyed telling me that.

"Haaa..." I let out an exasperated sigh and began explaining to him. As I was explaining all that happened to him he gives me a dumbfounded look.

"Are you serious? How could you think that messing with a force of nature won't have any consequences?"

"What do you mean consequences?"

"Haa... It's nothing you need to worry about," he said so while he walked to the edge of the rooftop. "Well, not for now at least."

After he said those words he just jump off the building. I didn't even bother to check if his okay since I have seen spirits who could fly.

He then exits his school building. As he walks back home to his house he saw a familiar figure sitting on a bench. The figure noticed him immediately and waves at him.

"Itsuka, how are you still alive?"