Obligation And Selfishness

(Tokiyasu POV)

"What do you need the most right now?" I asked Shido since I just got here and the date that I thought would go on to be a safe one almost destroyed the whole of Tenguu City.

"I just need to get close to her and you can leave the rest to me."

"Okay, I can do just that. So now why don't you tell your sister to back away if she doesn't want to get caught on our clash."

"Uh, about that..." Shido then proceeds to tell me about his sister's condition.

"Tsk, just my luck huh? This will be quite annoying. Well, nothing I can do about that." I then started moving toward the two spirits.

"Enigma" I heard Shido's voice coming from behind me. "If possible please don't hurt them too much."

"Don't worry I'll try."

I then launched towards them at incredible speeds by speeding up my time. I can't let this be a battle of endurance like what they are doing right now. Since I don't have much energy since I used so much of it when I intertwined the two timelines together and right now not only am I supplying Natsumi with my power but I'm also maintaining a barrier around the whole of Tenguu City. You know that the barrier in there is flimsy because Shido who only has reiryoku and it be able to control it can't still move there.

Now I have to make a chance for Shido to get close to Origami and also pin down Kotori without harming her so much. But I can't back down now. Not because the timeline would be endangered and I must stop it. No, not even close.

I thought about what attracted me to Shido wanting to be his friend. All of the things I say about me getting involved for the sake of time are bullshit. What attracted me the most to Shido is his being the eye of the storm.

I'm addicted to that feeling of being alive. Being able to know you weren't just a spectator but someone who has a part in this story. Oh, how I regretted living my life in seclusion for 14 millennia.

I now know why I didn't feel anything when I saw my dimension collapsing. It was because I have found a new place I wanna call home and it is right here.

Shido being my friend is something solely decided by me. It is also my excuse to be by his side.

That is the real reason why I can't back down because I won't be able to live my life. Imagine being able to live for 14 thousand years and not being able to live how you wanted. Heck, I won't even be able to die in peace.

All in all the reason I can't back down now isn't because of my obligation. I can't back down because of my selfishness.

Me being a force of nature and I must uphold it. Well, that belief can go to hell. Why do I have to burden myself with obligations? I am neither an all-knowing entity nor a force of nature. I am alive and I will live for myself.

"Ladies why don't we settle this by being the rational beings we are." I then tilted my head to the side and dodged the beam of dark light. "Haa...Why are you girls attacking? Don't tell me you prefer us to fight instead. That's good I haven't let loose in a while."

The girls went back to fighting while occasionally firing shots at me.

"Are you ignoring me?" I said that after I appeared at Kotori's back without notice. "You shouldn't have done that."

I grabbed Kotori by the throat and slam her to the ground. She then swung her halberd towards me but it stopped right before it reached me. I then grabbed her in the head this time.

"I wonder if I slam your head on the ground will it make you faint or give you brain damage? Well, you have regeneration so you should be able to recover quickly." Thinking along those lines I grabbed her and started slamming her to the ground. When suddenly Origami fired multiple shots at me from multiple directions.

They slowed down and I was able to dodge them by accelerating my time. I thought for a moment but now that Kotori was weakened by my attacks and her supply of reiryoku dwindling down I could easily stop her time.

So I did just that and she was easily frozen in time. Although this method stopped her for a while it also stopped her regeneration. Soon I saw Shido going towards the battlefield probably waiting for his chance. He then saw me stopping the time of the injured Kotori.

"Enigma!! What happened to trying your best on being gentle?!?"

"It wasn't me, most of the damage was done by Origami." I then pointed my finger to Origami who right now can't object to my words because of her state. She was just blankly looking at me.

Surely she won't remember this and hold a grudge. Would she?