Desperate Situation

(Shido POV)

What should I do? Origami is in her inverse form while Kotori is about to go berserk and now Kurumi has also appeared. I don't know what her intention is for coming here but right now I should prepare myself for the opening Kotori is trying to create. I then stretched out my hand ready to summon Sandalphion but...

It didn't appear. What happened? I soon heard Kurumi saying.

"Shido we're you trying to summon Sandalphion. Well, you tried."

"What do you mean by that Kurumi," I asked her confused.

"What do you mean by that?"

"Well, you see I got a little curious about what the other spirits are on right now. Surely they also sensed reiryoku coming from this battle right? So I tried searching for them." She paused and looked over at me. "I didn't find them it was as if they didn't exist."

"What makes you so sure about that?!!" I asked in a panic.

"Well, I wasn't."

"Then wh-"

"But now that you can't summon Sandalphion..."

As soon as she said that I tried to summon the angels of the spirits one by one. None of them worked except for Natsumi's. Kurumi also saw this. What exactly is happening?

"Shido don't be so hopeless. We can ask him when he shows up."

I then realized who she was talking about.

"How can you be sure it's related to him?"

"Again, Shido, I'm not sure. Maybe he isn't involved or maybe he is. But I'm sure of one thing he is a part of this."

What she said was right. He is the only anomaly on this timeline that didn't happen on our previous one.

"Oh, look your sister is totally enjoying herself right now." She pointed in a direction that I soon followed with my line of sight. I then saw Kotori rampaging not caring anymore about what comes their way.

She raised Camael and then swung it down with all her might towards Origami. While Origami in her full astral dress with the same empty look in her eyes used her canons to blast Kotori. But Kotori keep on pushing forward as she came close to her Origami's cannons retreated.

"Mal'akh" Origami spoke soon her cannon took a wing-like formation. She is suddenly able to fly at a very high speed distancing herself from Kotori.

"Megiddo" Soon her halberd turned into a cannon ready to fire at Origami. She teleported out of the way before the attack could reach her.

"Kurumi, help me stop them," I begged Kurumi since right now I can't do anything.

"Ara ara, Shido..." She then giggled. "and why would I do that I could just wait it out here and I could devour them when they are weakened."

"You!!" I forgot that she wasn't my ally in the first place.

"But I am also to be held accountable for this situation so~" As she said that some clones jumped out of the shadow. "Although I'm lending a hand it would still be difficult since I might get caught in the crossfire since your sister isn't in her right mind, again."

She was actually willing to help me. But just like she said even with Kurumi helping me it won't be easy. Even though Kurumi and Kotori have the same agenda they won't be working together. Kotori would likely think of Kurumi as an enemy in her current state of mind.

Kurumi's clones launched together toward Origami completely ignoring Kotori and as expected some were burned by Kotori. Although Kotori didn't directly attack the clones she still fired Megiddo toward Origami which led to them getting caught in the crossfire.

Kurumi's clones keep on attacking Origami. When suddenly Origami summoned up to 70 cannons and fired them each on separate targets. This Kurumi's clones were quickly dwindling. I hoped that with Kurumi this incident could be quickly dissolved. But even Kyrumi isn't enough.

"I'm quite sorry Shido but it looks like even though I wanted to help I won't take this great of a loss."

"Kurumi don't tell me you are planning to ignore this situation."

"Oh, of course not. I am not enough to stop this even if I wanted to. Maybe if I had more preparation I could have made an opening for you." Kurumi then gave a proposal. "Why don't you change the time again?"

"What?"

"I'll give you another chance to use Yud bet."

I thought carefully about it this time and gave my answer.

"I'm sorry Kurumi but I can't."

"Why?" Kurumi looked genuinely perplexed by my rejection.

"I don't know what will happen this time if I change it again." I then scanned over the destruction. I could see some civilians fleeing the government had already given a space quake warning to make the residents evacuate. "The destruction that is happening right now... Something even worse may happen. I don't know what it will cause and I'm quite scared."

"I see. Well, I'm gonna retreat now. Good luck." She said this as she was slowly submerging in her shadow.

As she left I then saw Origami's cannons going on a circular formation.

"Artelif" Origami muttered soon the cannons were ready to fire. While Origami was getting ready for get attack Kotori was pointing Meggido towards Origami also preparing to attack.

This is bad everyone who hasn't evacuated might get reduced to ashes. I tried to think of something but I couldn't come up with an idea. As I closed my eyes awaiting for the sound of destruction everything just went quiet. I looked around to see what was happening I could see the collision of two attacks up above colliding. But the aftermath just stops up above. I then observed my surroundings but every thing from person to objects were frozen on their places.

"Hello." I looked to my side and saw someone familiar standing there for some reason he looked extremely tired.

"Enigma..." I called out in a tired voice. "I need your help."

"Sure."