Chapter 1 - The Arrival

~Kim's POV~
My cousin Y/n is coming to Seaford to live with us! I'm so excited! She's my favorite cousin ever! Yes, I play favorites with my cousins even though I don't have many. I'm currently at my house, waiting for her to walk through the door. Well, knowing her, she'll probably knock first and then open the door on her own. In fact, I'll hide behind something then pop out to scare the shit out of her! Genius! I am rarely able to scare her so let's see if I can today.

~Y/n's POV~
I arrive at Kim's house and knock on the door. Without even waiting for a minute, I open the door and let myself in. Kim suddenly jumps out and scares me. "Holy shit Kim! You fucking scared me!" I exclaim, making her laugh. "Haha, so funny," I say, rolling my eyes and walking past her, up to my room. "How do you already know where your room will be?" She asks. "Because you told me, you dipshit!" I laugh. She rolls her eyes. "Whatever. I forgot that I did," she states. I walk back downstairs with her. "So, how's your karate skills? Still not better than me I assume," I tease. "I'll be better some day! I swear to it," she exclaims. "Yeah sure," I say, laughing.

"Hey! You should totally join my dojo! The name may be a bit dorky, but I love it there," Kim informs me. "Sounds good to me. Take me there!" I say, taking her hand as she leads me outside and to the dojo, which is located in a mall apparently. She drags me inside and yells for somebody named Rudy. "RUDY! I HAVE A NEW STUDENT!" Kim yells. Four guys walk out to see who Kim brought. "Yo dude, no need to yell!" A tall yet skinny black haired boy complains. "Chill out Jerry. If I didn't yell then Rudy would've ignored me," Kim states. Oh, so his name is Jerry. "Kim, wanna spar?" A short and kind of chubby boy asks. "Later Eddie," Kim smiles at him. He sends a smile back.

"Who are those people?" I finally ask. "The one with the black belt is Jack, the best one in the dojo. You probably already know who Eddie and Jerry are since I said their names. And the last boy is Milton," Kim informs. "Hello!" Milton smiles and waves at me, so I smile and wave back. "Hello, Milton!" I say. Just as he's about to ask something about me, a man comes out of an office. I'm guessing this is Rudy, the sensei. He's a shorter guy than most, but as long as he can teach karate then that's fine.

"Well jeez Kim. You don't have to yell," Rudy says, walking over to me. "You wouldn't listen to me if I didn't!" She says, rolling her eyes. He ignores that statement and reaches me. "What's your name?" He asks. "I'm Y/n Crawford. I'm Kim's cousin," I inform everyone. He nods and holds his hand out. "Welcome to the dojo. I assume you've been introduced to everyone?" Rudy asks. "Yeah, except him. He hasn't said a word since I got here," I say, looking at the person who is apparently named Jack. "Oh, well that's Jack, my best student. Why don't you spar with him so I can see what belt your on," Rudy says. I nod in agreement.

Kim stays to watch but Milton, Eddie, and Jerry leave to go to Falafel Phil's across the street. I remember going there a lot whenever I would come and visit here. That place most be there hangout spot. Nice to know Phil's business is still doing good. I'll have to say hi to him, and his goat Tootsie, and Joan later. I get in my position and so does Jack. We both last a while and then I was finally able to grab his wrist and flip him onto his back. "Woah, I'm impressed! You just beat the best student in my dojo! You are already a second degree black belt!" Rudy exclaims, giving me a high five. Kim sprints over to me and hugs me tightly.

I release myself from the hug and turn to face Jack. I reach my hand down towards him and offer to help him up, but he rudely declines. "No thanks. I can get up in my own," he says, slapping my hand away and getting up. After he successfully gets up, he goes and joins the others at Falafel Phil's. "Don't take it personally, Y/n. He doesn't take defeat very easily," Rudy admits to me and Kim nods in agreement. "It's true. Now let's go say hi to Phil, Tootsie, and Joan," Kim suggests. "Sounds goods to me, K," I say, wrapping my arm around the back of her neck and walking out with her. After saying bye to Rudy, of course.

A/n: Would Jack actually be this jealous in the show? Maybe, but this is a fanfic with a different plot which is why he didn't take defeat well.