Chapter 7 - School Group Project

*the next day*
~Y/n's POV~
I walk into the first class of the day while in a good mood. Not thinking of Jack, at all. I sit down in my seat, which luckily is on the opposite side of the room of Jack's desk. Right before the bell rings; the teacher walks into the classroom. Once the bell rings, he starts explaining a partner project that we will be doing. Some random person asked if we could pick our own partner and of course, the answer was no. He assigns the pairs and my good mood just drops. I got partnered with Jack. Of all the people I could've been partnered with I get him. Way to ruin my day, Mr. Watson.

Mr. Watson tells us to sit near our partners and start planning our projects. I don't move out of my seat so Jack came over to me. "Hey.." he says. "Hi," I say, avoiding his eye contact, which I can feel him stare at the side of my face. "So.. what should we do for the project?" He asks. I finally look into his eyes. His incredibly beautiful eyes. God, Y/n, pull it together. I quickly look away. "Well, since it has to be a event in history, we could do the Trail of Tears," I suggest.

From the side of my eyes, I can see him nod.
"Meet me at my house after school today since we don't have karate," Jack says. I just nod and go back to doing my own thing while Jack goes back to his seat. The bell finally rings and I get to go to my next class. One without Jack in it.

.......

~Jack's POV~
Well, I was right. Y/n hates me even more now. I hurt her feelings. It'll be incredibly awkward doing this project together. I pace back and forth in my room, waiting for a knock on the front door. And soon enough, there is one. I rush down the stairs and open the door. "Let's get this over with," she mutters under her breath, thinking I can't hear her. But I did hear her. "You already know where my room is, so let's just go up there," I say, and she nods. She still won't look into my eyes. I've really fucked up. But I can't do anything now. I mean I could, but I doubt it would work.

Seconds, minutes, and hours pass by and we finally finish our project. I think it's pretty good. There wasn't a lot of communication while making it, which she was probably hoping. She gets all of her stuff together to leave. She quickly glances at me and I stare into her gorgeous eyes. Jesus Christ, get a hold of yourself Jack. "I guess I'll see you tomorrow Jack," she says with a sigh. "Yeah, I guess so," I say, taking a deep breath. And before I knew it, she was out of my room, leaving me alone.

A/n: I feel like this is a bad story, but I'll keep writing it anyway