Chapter 2 - The Reunion

~Y/n's POV~
After beating that dojo's best student, Kim decides to take me to say hi and reunite with Phil, Joan, and Tootsie. We decide to say hi to Tootsie and Phil first, since they're closer. The only bad thing is that's where Jack is. Kim and I walk into Falafel Phil's and immediately go into the back that's only for employees, but Phil let's us. Tootsie bleats. I quickly quiet him down by giving him whatever trash I find in my pocket. I sneak up behind Phil, Kim being right behind me, and scare him. He jumps and turns around. "Oh Y/n! It's you! Good to see you!" He says in his accent, which never stops sounding a bit funny. "Missed you too Phil," I say, jokingly mocking his accent which makes him laugh.

Tootsie bleats again. I turn and face Tootsie and pet her just the way she likes it. "Are you just visiting or are you going to stay?" Phil asks. "I'm staying, for good," I smile at him and he hugs me in response. "Good, now I'll have another helper here," he says. I shake my head while smiling. "If I ever have free time and have nothing else to do, then I guess so," I say. "I'll take that chance," he says, laughing. We all laugh with him until Kim and I say bye to him and Tootsie and leave the 'employees only' area. We walk past the table the boys are sitting at. "Hey Milton, Jerry, and Eddie!" I say as I walk past. They say hi back while Jack just glares at me. I didn't see him glare but I could feel it. Kim says hi to all of them, including Jack, before she comes walking out of Phil's after me.

As we walk to Joan's office, Kim starts talking to me about Jack. "You could at least try and be the better person by saying hi, you know?" She asks. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Maybe next time," I say, not stopping to turn around. "When you say maybe you actually mean never," she says, rolling her eyes. "Yup," I say, sending her a small smile and then facing forward again. "By the way, we have practice at the dojo basically everyday after school," Kim informs me. I nod, letting her know that I'll be there every time. I think she smiled at that gesture, but I'm not sure because I didn't look to actually see if she did.

Soon enough, we reach Joan's office and we enter. As soon as we enter, she sees me and comes and gives me a hug. "Good to see ya, kid!" Joan says, with that goofy grin of hers in her face. "Are you staying for good this time around?" She asks. "You bet I am. I've missed you," I say, which makes her smile. Joan is one of my favorite adults ever. I love her. Same with Phil. If I ever need an adult, if my aunt and uncle wouldn't understand, I would go to one of them.

Eventually, Kim and I decide to head back home since it was getting sort of late and we have school the next day. My first day back at this school. And this time, I'll be at that school til I graduate. Which means seeing Jack more. Yay. Whatever, let's just hope that I don't have many classes with him but instead more classes with Kim. Or even Milton, Eddie, or Jerry. Just not him.

A/n: I'm trying my hardest to make the chapters in these stories longer, but we'll see how long that lasts lol