Chapter 6 - First Detention

*the next day, at school*
~Y/n's POV~
Well, I'm in detention. What a great way to start the week. Why am I in detention? I was caught sleeping in class. Not on purpose! The reason why I was sleeping in class was because I barely got any sleep last night. I was so angry at Jack. But I was also very hurt by him. And when I have those 2 emotions at the same time, I can't sleep. So I didn't sleep at all last night. Which lead me to being here. In detention. I blame it all on Jack motherfucking Brewer. I hate him. Maybe it is better if I don't know about why we have our weird moments. Then maybe they'll stop if I don't know. Whatever. I'll just go back to ignoring and not talking to Jack, like when we first met.

I texted Kim before entering detention that I'd be late to karate practice. Why before? Because the shithead detention teacher took my phone so I wouldn't 'do something bad.' It's been a whole 30 minutes in here. I have 30 more minutes to go and I'm already extremely bored. Fuck you, Jack Brewer. I absolutely hate you.

.......

I finally got out of detention and got my phone back. Now I'm at the dojo. Well, actually I'm right outside of the dojo because I just got here. Kim already knows that because I texted her that too. I look through the door before I walk in and see Jack in the main area. Great, just great. I walk in and go to my locker to grab my gi to change into. Jack doesn't speak to me which thank god because that makes me ignoring him so much easier. After I change into my gi, I go and find Kim. "Hey girl," she says to me once I sit down next to her. "Hey," I say with a sigh.

"Do you want to talk about why you got detention?" She asks. "Not really. I just want, actually change that, I need to forget about it," I say. She nods and gives me a small side hug. I give one back. "Thank you for always being here for me, K," I say with a small smile. "I will always be here for you. No matter what," Kim says. We both stand up and go into the main area to spar each other. When we walk in, I realize that Jack is gone. But I don't care. I focus on sparring with Kim instead of thinking of the guy that I don't like.

......

"Hah! I won!" I exclaim with laughter. "Of course you did!" Kim says, laughing and sitting in the floor. I hold my hand out to her to help her get up. She takes it and pulls herself up. "Ready to go home?" I ask her. "Yup. Let's just go change," she says and I nod. We change and leave the dojo, heading back home. I think I can successfully say that this was a good day because I was able to completely avoid Jack. I just hope that if any of the classes we share do a group project that involves communication, we don't get picked as a group.

A/n: sorry that this chapter is shorter than the others so far but I hope ur enjoying the storyyyyy