Chapter 3 - 1st Day in a Not So New School

*the next day*
~Jack's POV~
Y/n is so fucking annoying. Now you all may be asking, "Why do you hate her?" Well, I don't take losing well, at all. Milton, Jerry, and Eddie understand. I mean Kim does too, and obviously Rudy, but since that girl is Kim's cousin, she'll clearly take her side. Not that their are sides. I guess I'll just have to hope that I don't have any classes with her. I walk into my first class of the day, and she was already there. "Ugh, you," I mutter. "I don't want to be in a class with you either, dingus," she complains. Either she has super hearing or I didn't mutter those words as quietly as I hoped.

I roll my eyes and glare at her. I know she can feel my glare, but she just ignores it. Which makes me even more annoyed. I look away so it doesn't seem like I have a crush on her, cause at this school if a rumor like that starts, it will be mentioned for at least half of the year. Class just started since the bell rang, so instead of whispering to her, since I don't want to get in trouble, I pass a note. Not that notes are any better. I passed it too her when the other kids weren't looking, cause like I said about the rumor thing, the kids here won't live it down.

She reads the note and nods as a response. She doesn't look at me when she nods, just so the teacher doesn't get suspicious. Not that they are going to pay attention to us anyways. I internally sigh. Basically everything that I do now, Y/n will be there. I guess I have to learn to like her. Emphasis on the words 'I guess.' It won't be easy but it'll make my life slightly, only slightly, easier.

*after school, walking to the dojo with Kim*
~Y/n's POV~
Worst first day ever. Of course, with my horrible luck, Jack is in all my classes besides 2. At least those 2 classes are a break from him, not including my break from him at lunch, which lunch technically makes it 3 but that's still not enough. But like Kim said, I should try to like him. Just to make my life easier, that's all. Not that's it's not already easy.

"Sup pretty boy," I say as I walk past Jack in the dojo. As I walk past him I ram my shoulder into his. It doesn't hurt me, but it seemed to hurt him a bit. "Aw, did I hurt the 2nd best warrior?" I say in a baby voice. Who am I kidding? Trying to like him will be hard. Extremely hard. "You are so fucking annoying," Jack finally blurts out. "NO SWEARING IN MY DOJO!" Rudy shouts from his office, which makes me laugh. "Yeah pretty boy. You know better than that," I tease him for the hundredth time today. He looks around to make sure it's just us in the room, which it is, before doing his next action. He pushes me against the wall and pins my heads above my head. "You are so asking to get beaten up, aren't you?" He says sternly. "Maybe. But I beat you in a spar, so I could easily beat you in anything else too," I say right up against his lips. Now our lips were just barely touching.

"What I'm about to do means absolutely nothing," he says. "Wait, what are you-" I start saying but I get interrupted by his lips connecting with mine and his hand sitting on my cheek, pulling me in more. He was a good kisser, if I do say so myself. I kiss him back, but not for long. I suddenly pull away. "What- what are we doing?" I ask, resting my hands on his chest, gently pushing him away. He backs away and turns to face away from me. "That meant nothing to me. But you aren't a bad kisser," I could sense a smirk forming on his face. "Same with me. That never happened," I say. He nods. Before he walks into the boys bathroom, he turns around to say something. "Don't tell anybody about the thing that just happened. Not even Kim can know," he demands. I nod. After he sees me nod, he turns around and actually leaves this time.

I'm still against the wall he pinned me to, and it's been 5 minutes. Weird? Kind of. But I'm still shocked at what happened. I decided to change out of my gi and go to Falafel Phil's for some food, to distract myself. Before I leave the dojo, I text Kim to let her know where I'm going and that I'll meet her at home later. I walk into Phil's and order my usual. Phil quickly gets the food for me. After I have my food in front of me, I start eating. I was enjoying my food when all the sudden Jack walks in. I guess he had the same idea as me too. Get some food from Phil's as a distraction to forget about earlier. Well, it doesn't exactly help get your mind off of the moment when the person you had the moment with is at the same place, does it? No. It doesn't.

A/n: Spicyyyy 🥵
I literally LOVE enemies to lovers. It's my favorite trope so I had to do one.