PART 1 | DAYRAENA

~The Blood of Old Valyria~
Chapter I

House Gelarion once wielded power in the Freehold of Old Valyria, its dragonriders and the magic they wielded well, making enemies aware of the fate that awaited them should they be threatened. Raynor and his sister-wife Vereena were the head of the house at the time. Raynor held power in the council of archons for many five years, a rarity in Old Valyria. He and his sister had three children: Weylor, Arein, and Daynerra. In the future the eldest son will marry his beloved sister, but it will be at Dragonstone, where they have gone with the Targaryens. The Gelarions and the Targaryens, despite their different status in Valyria, were friends, thanks to Daynerra and Daenys, who was later nicknamed Dreamer.

A few years after the two houses left Valyria, Raynor erected his own castle on an island not far from Dragonstone. The island was called Fire Island, and Raynor proclaimed the new home of the Gelarions Castle of the Flaming Dragon (Perzys Zaldrīzes Sombāzmion).

The Gelarions lived peacefully on their island, taking no part in the conquests of Aegon and his sisters, nor in the conflicts that followed. Up until the Dance of the Dragons, the Gelarions did not show their full power, and perhaps if they had intervened in some of the Targaryen feuds, the Dance would not have happened at all, but you can't blame them for anything. The Gelarions remained the only ones with knowledge of magic so extensive that it would have allowed them to become kings themselves, but the representatives of the House were quite content with the power they had. Their family grew, as did their power and wealth, and the dragons hatched.

Even before the Dances began, the Gelarions had a dozen dragons: Whirlwind, Hyrapion, Annax, Umbra, Heretax, Gelannan, Dawn and Sunset, and many more. This house was capable of creating a New Valyria with so many winged lizards. They also had dragons that came from the ancestral lands with Raynor and his family. Shadow, Carax, Vertax, Egarax, and Ezraxes. Shadow and Carax died a couple of decades before the Balerion the Black Dread, and after his death the largest dragon was Vertax. Egarax, Ezraxes, and Vertax were all just babies when they left Valyria, so they are now gigantic in size.

Dayraena Gelarion was born in 90 AC. She had a reputation for beauty at a young age. She was an inquisitive, intelligent, and quiet girl. Dayraena was considered by many to be the loveliest of the maidens. Beautiful as a goddess, blooming as spring. She had silver curly hair that fell below her waist. She came into the world with eyes of different colors: dark blue and purple. Slender and graceful, graceful and alluring, with a thin waist, full breasts, and rounded hips. Beautiful in every sense of the word. That was exactly what Dayraena was. She saddled Egarax at the age of ten and was trained in ancestor magic from an early age.

But it was hard to call her childhood happy. She was the first child in her family. Her parents, Lord Maylor and Lady Veiserra, were expecting a boy, so she received little attention when Dayraena was born. Her mother left her daughter in the care of her maids and took care of her son, who was born a year and a half after Dayraena's birth. The girl was abandoned by Lord and Lady Gelarion and therefore grew up without the special love that a child should have for his parents. Her younger brother Lucerius got all the attention. In spite of this, Dayraena grew up to be a fine educated girl. By the time she came of age, there were two more children in the family: Dayra and Meireya. By all laws, Lucerius was supposed to take his older sister as his wife, but Dayron - the eldest son of Greina and Daylor, a sister and brother of Maylor and Veiserra - unexpectedly showed up and asked for Dayraena's hand. His parents thought him a worthy match for their daughter, whom they hardly knew, and agreed to the marriage.

Dayron Gelarion was already known as a good warrior at seventeen, but he was nothing else, so in the future Dayraena will wonder "why was she married to this man?" but never get an answer. Dayron was nothing but a shadow beside his wife. He had the usual Valyrian appearance, and his temper was fiery. Sometimes in a fit of rage he repeatedly broke furniture, chopping it with the Valyrian sword of the Dragon Fang, which had been passed down from Raynor for generations. Dayraena thought he had lost his mind the first time he broke a table.