IX

~The Blood of Old Valyria~
Chapter IX

Her body was on fire. Her mind clouded over, not allowing any sane thought to penetrate and stop the madness going on in the brothel room.

When the prince's soft lips pressed against her naked shoulder, the woman felt a sweet shiver run through her entire body. It was hard to breathe. The air felt like it was burning with the heat from the valyrian's body. Two true dragons danced in the primal fire of passion. It was incredible. From the outside, their actions seemed perfectly normal for a place like this, but it drove Damon and Dayraena crazy. Their closeness, the feeling of wild desire, the anticipation of what would happen in a few minutes...

A languid, lingering moan erupted from Dayraena's chest as Damon bit the curve of her neck in a fit of passion. The woman's fingers moved to the back of the dragon prince's neck and squeezed his hair, pulling him away from her and digging into his lips with a strength and greed she had never felt before.

Yes, things were happening too fast and might have seemed wrong to some, but not to Dayraena and Daemon. Yes, they had only known each other for five days, but neither Targaryen nor Gelarion were going to deny the desire and attraction they felt for each other. After all, they are adults, capable of making their own decisions and going to such reckless lengths. They will not regret what they have done.

In this brothel, this room, in this moment, between a man and a woman was budding something that would later both save much and destroy much.

The prince took Raena by the hips, breaking the kiss for a second. Her legs wrapped around his waist and her fingers gripped shoulders. Daemon walked over to the bed and lowered her onto the sheets, hovering over the top. Dayraena looked into the prince's violet eyes and saw doubt in them for a second. Targaryen froze. He surprised himself as he felt uncertain about his actions. He, Daemon Targaryen, the Rogue Prince wondered if he should sleep with the most beautiful of women. The incident with Rhaenyra reminded him at the most inopportune moment. But Dayraena was neither his niece nor his girl, but a woman. Passionate and desirable and perfect.

"Daemon..." she whispered, stroking the prince's cheek. She saw his doubt, so she wanted to tell him that everything would be all right and he had nothing to worry about. "We can do this, I...want to"

The woman smiled and wrapped her arms around the dragon prince's face and gave him a tender, sensual kiss. Oh, he could have sworn no one had ever kissed him like that. After passionate kisses, this one felt special, soft, lusciously sweet, and so beautiful... It made Daemon lose his head completely. He instantly threw off his shirt and then took hold of Dayraena's clothes. But the madness of the night was not to be.

Beyond the wall there was the sound of fighting and people shouting. Something heavy, or rather someone, was slammed against the wall. Daemon and Dayraena broke away from each other and looked toward the door. Three figures could be seen behind the carved wooden wall. The last one was clearly female. Sighing irritably, Daemon got off the maiden and headed for the door, putting on a shirt on the way. Dayraena rose on her elbows and escorted him out with a disappointed look.

In the dark corridor, two men of large build were leaning over a figure in a black cloak lying on the floor. Their appearance was rather exotic for King's Landing, so Daemon immediately assumed that these men had come from Essos. Mercenaries. Behind the thugs stood Mysaria, staring grimly at the man lying on the floor.

"Someone's been following you," she said, gesturing for the unwelcome guest to be picked up from the floor. "And it wasn't just a curious onlooker."

"A spy," Daemon nodded, crossing his arms over his chest. It was an unpleasant surprise. He and Dayraena didn't need any more spies right now.