18. Just Be Enough

Shoto and Midoriya helped me pick up the rest of the trash takeout before throwing it out. 

"Make sure you shower and change before you go back to bed (L/N)" Shoto called out, like an overly concerned mother. 

"I'd rather not stay in the costume much longer so I'll do just that." I rubbed my head awkwardly, smiling to the boys. 

"Thank you for letting us eat with you again (L/N)." Midoriya waved at me from the door. "Have a good night!"

"You guys too..." I softly called as I watched them close the door behind them. 

I just sat in silence for a moment, looking at the wall ahead of me, trying to wrap all the events of the day around my head. I ended up just shaking my head, pulling the covers off myself and climbing out of bed. 

I grabbed me some pjs before making my way into the bathroom. I checked that the slip wasn't down before I entered, quickly placing my paper slip at the door leading to Bakugo's room.

My eyes drifted to stare at my reflection. Bakugo's overshirt still covering my upper half. I looked rather odd with the attire. I worked my way towards un-buttoning the shirt before placing it on the counter, making a mental note to wash it then return it back to the angry blond. 

I struggled to remove the rest of the outfit. My boots were already off, one of them most likely having a small hole in it. The strange thigh straps were also no where to be seen on my body, not that I cared if they had disappeared. I slid off the dress, folding it before placing it on the bathroom counter as well, then removing the necklace, putting it on top of the dress. 

I stared at my form in the mirror. There were so many busies along my stomach, probably sense that's where my mom likes to kick me the most. I felt tears well in my eyes before I quickly rubbed them away, removing the rest of my clothing to take a quick shower. 

My mind beat myself up as I started to take off the bandages sense they couldn't get wet. Thankfully I knew there was a first aid kit under the sink so I could rewrap my injury but I still dreaded the painful process of cleaning the bullet wound. 

As I let the weight of holding in my wings released, I rubbed a hand through them, noticing that there weren't as many feathers as before, probably from the fight.

I sat myself down on the stool, taking the shower head and turning it on while running it over my hair, body and wings.

My mind drifted back to the day. "Stay good.." I whispered to myself, recalling the note from the woman. It was so strange, how she was behaving up til then. The out of character advice she gave me. She didn't want to fight me.. She wanted to help me?

"Maybe she just wanted to change.." I shook my head. No matter how I thought of it, it didn't make sense.

After my shower, I wrapped my hair up in a towel, using another one to dry off my body then changing into my pajamas. Sense I was already in the bathroom, I went ahead and brushed my teeth. Even though I wasn't very tired in the moment, probably from sleeping half the day away, I still wanted to see if my body would allow me to go to bed so I could be ready for tomorrow. 

As I tried to crouch down to get to the first aid kit, I felt the stinging ache in my leg, causing myself to fall backwards and crash into the tub behind me. 

I hissed slightly at the throbbing that was taking place in my leg. I clutched onto it, as if holding onto my leg for dear life would stop it from hurting. 

Suddenly, the door slammed open, revealing a shirtless Bakugo darting his eyes around the room before they landed on my frame on the floor. 

"What the fuck happened?!" He asked, coming over to where I was. 

"I-I needed to rewrap it... But when I crouched it hurt- a lot so I fell." I explained as tears started forming in my eyes, whether it was from the pain or sheer embarrassment, I don't know. I felt the towel in my hair fall to the side, onto the floor.

The male sighed, going to the cabinet and pulling out the first aid kit. Opening it to grab some alcohol wipes and bandages.  "You're so fucking hopeless." 

He crouched in front of me, then pulled my leg from my hands to lay over his lap. It was an awkward angel as he basically had to strain his neck to see the bottom of my thigh from where the bullet hit was. 

I watched him work, afraid to say anything to break the silence. He had a semi-scowl on his face. The angel he was working at made his jaw line to prominent. My face warmed up slightly as I looked over, seeing he was still in fact shirtless.

Once he put the alcohol wipe to my skin, I flinched, but he kept a firm grip on my leg, even holding it against his chest so I'd have less ability to pull away. You would think with how many injuries I have to clean up, I'd be more used to the stinging sensation, but nope. 

After he finished cleaning, he then took the bandages, starting to wrap it around me leg. I nearly stopped him, in fear of a repeat from what occurred before but this time he didn't make it to tight. In fact he did it in a way it felt secure enough without irritating my injury. 

"When you need to re-wrap it tomorrow just ask for help, idiot. Don't go fucking you're leg up more because you want to be all independent and shit." He grumbled, tucking the remainder of the bandage under itself like how I had done before. 

Bakugo then turned, putting the first aid kit back in the cabinet before putting my leg back down. He then grabbed my arms, pulling me up and making sure I was steady before he backed away, opening the door to go back into his room. 

"T-thank you... You really didn't need to..."

He just scoffed "You're pathetic ass self was basically begging me to come help. Don't read to much into it." Then his door closed, leaving me alone in the bathroom.

I just sighed, gripping at my still damp hair for a bit before releasing it. Taking a breath to calm myself down from just how embarrassed I was. 'Why does Bakugo, the guy who seems to absolutely hate my guts have to witness my weak moment?!' I internally screamed to myself.

With that, I grabbed the clothes, making my way out of the bathroom.

I placed it all on the dresser, near where the case was before I opened it. I was slightly relieved to see my boots in there, and my suspicion of there being a hole in one was correct. 

"It could be worse, I could've lost my life in there.. but to mom this is bad anyways.." My shriveling anxiety at what mom would think to me getting shot crept up my back. It wouldn't have mattered I stopped a robbery circle, only that I managed to have even a slight slip up that resulted in me being injured. 

I couldn't help but feel worried what would happen when the week was up and I was back in the cold arms of my mother. 

My head frantically shook "Stop! You did good. Father was proud of you.. his word should be enough to keep her from hurting me..." tears nearly came to my eyes before I threw myself face first on the bed, wanting to stop the thoughts from creeping. 

I looked to the side, glancing over to my hero case as another sigh escaped my lips.

"Why can't I just be enough?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeahhh this chapter wasn't exactly exciting but at least ya got to see a softy side of boom boom boy!

(nah it was boring, where's the action?!)

IT'LL COME! SHUSH WE BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS HERE!

(It's a Shonen not Shoujo!)

DIS A XREADER! I DO WHAT I WANT!

AnYwAAys~ yeah... It'll pick back up soon so no worries friends!

Hope you enjoyed!