5. First Year

Time skip:

The week after the exam was possibly one of the slowest and most painful of my whole life.

My mother either refused to say a word or would just yell and scream while doing some kind of damage to my body.

I was littered with cuts, bruises, and gashes from all of her lashing out.

After every session of beating, I would be curled up in the bathroom while patching myself up through a vision of tears.

I finished up my mother's lunch before I headed out for the school day.

"Your lunch is on the counter when you're ready for it ma'am." I bowed politely before grabbing my bag and making my way to the door.

"The letter of whether you passed or failed should be coming today. Make sure you get the mail before you get home understand?" She spat while turning the channel to some weird drama show.

"Yes ma'am. Have a good day." I wished her.

I quickly put my shoes on and walked out.

The sky was slightly gray with obvious signs of it possibly raining on later in the day.

The air was dense and almost suffocating.

During the day, I dreaded arriving home.

If I had friends, they would've possibly asked what was wrong. But that wasn't the case.

I sat in my seat in the corner of the room not interacting with anyone as usual.

No one acknowledged me and nor I to them.

As the final bell rang and chairs screeched against the floor while children joyfully chatted amongst themselves for what they would be doing, I gathered my things quietly and walked out alone.

The view of my house left me holding my breath.

I saw as the mailman jumped out of his truck at the house next door.

Once I got up to my own estate, the man was in front of me with a rather cheery grin.

"Here's the mail, little lady. Good day to you!" He walked off as I looked at the pile of letters in my hands.

"Thank you. Good day to you as well..." I mumbled while walking inside.

The thick tension that filled the room as I felt my mothers gaze baring into my soul while I removed my shoes.

"Mail, now." She demanded while holding out her hand.

I handed her the pile and watched as she walked off to the living room and sat down while going through it.

"Put your bag in your room and come right down after. You'll be opening the letter." She held up a envelope with wax golden letters of U.A. on the back that sealed it closed.

I scurried upstairs and threw my bag onto the bed, before nearly falling back down them.

I walked passed her as she placed the letter on the coffee table.

Once I sat down across from her. I grabbed the letter.

My nervousness crept up on me as I shook with worry.

"Open the damn letter already. I've waited this long!" She snapped.

I nodded and tore off the packaging.

A little silver disk rolled out.

My mother and I eyed it curiously.

"Figure out how it works."