12. Costume Dilemma

We all had a friendly chat about the possible events of the coming week.

After we all finished eating, the boys helped my clean up before we dismissed ourselves for the night.

A yawn escaped my throat and I looked back up at the time. It was nearly eleven.

I got myself up and went to the bathroom door. Before opening it, I looked down to see if the slip was there, which thankfully it wasn't.

I went inside and quickly brushed my teeth.

My eyes landed on Bakugo's door, and against my better judgment, I lightly knocked on it before opening it.

I glanced inside to see the lamp light still on, but Bakugo being soundly asleep in the bed, a book over his chest signaling he was reading something.

I lightly chuckled and silently went inside to turn off the lamp, and gently taking the book off him to place on the bedside table before escaping back inside the bathroom.

It didn't take long for me to fall asleep after my head hit my pillow.

My dreams were absorbed with the disappointment from my family. Shoto's eyes looked hurt and dark.

When I awoke, I took a moment, just staring at the ceiling before sitting up.

Once I did, I pulled my legs to my chest and rested my head on my knees.

"Shoto's been so accepting of me.. I feel horrible to keep deceiving him like this.." I muttered to myself.

"You awake in there rat?" Bakugo's voice sounded from behind the bathroom door.

"Y-yeah. Something you need?"

"Making sure you're slow ass is getting ready! I don't wanna be late cause of you!"

I huffed before pushing myself off the bed to get ready.

I knocked on the door twice before Bakugo opened the bathroom door for me.

"Thanks.."

I washed my face to wake myself up.

When I grabbed a towel to dry it I saw Bakugo glancing at me from the side in the mirror.

"Why're you staring?" I asked before drying my face.

"I'm not." He casually said, sticking his toothbrush in his mouth, harshly grinding away with it.

"You're gonna damage your teeth if you keep doing that." I informed before reaching for my own toothbrush.

"Mind your damn business!" He spat out before rinsing out his mouth and slamming the toothbrush down, then leaving the bathroom.

"Bakugo?" I timidly called out.

"What?!"

"Do I have to be dressed before breakfast in the costume?" I questioned, glancing over at his open room.

"Depends on how long it'll take you to get it on. If it's your first time wearing it you don't know how it'll go on so it's a gamble for you."

I pondered for a moment. "That's really helpful! Thank you!"

"Shut up and go get dressed!"

I quickly brushed my hair and went back in my room.

The costume case was exactly where I left it, on top of the dresser.

I pulled it down and placed it on the bed, on its side so I could open it.

When I opened the case, it was obvious my mother had decided to put her favorite colors of red and black everywhere considering those were the dominating colors.