4. Only Temporary

Trigger warning for this chapter.

If you're sensitive to things such as: abuse, glass shattering. I will place warnings of where not to read.

~~~~~~~~~

I slowly left the area. My mind flipped through all the different reactions and things my mother would do. I changed out of the sweaty attire, throwing it into my bag, then leaving.

My thoughts became controlled by doubt and anguish. My body went on autopilot to get me home. My feet dragged against the ground, as if I was subconsciously slowing myself down and delaying the consequences that I knew were to come.

As my house came into view, I clutched onto my bag for dear life as it were to save me. I brought myself to the front door and slowly opened it. I could hear a show being blasted at the highest volume from the television, signaling that my mother was indeed home.

I slowly removed my shoes and placed them on the shoe rack near the door. I went to hang up my bag and take out the dirty clothes.

"Is that you (Y/N)?!" My mother called off from the living room.

"Yes ma'am." I respectfully sounded back.

"Well get in here and tell me how it went!"

I calmly and collectively walked into the living room and sat opposite of her.

"Soooo? Spill!" She was oddly giddy.

"I was the first inside. I got 6 points right off the bat. I had helped some people not get squashed. A zero pointer came in and I destroyed it to save 6 people." I paused and she nodded her head while a slight scowl on her face. "And I tied for first with 68 points..."

She didn't say anything at first. Her smile stayed before it slowly converted into disgust.

"You tied?" She questioned. Her irritation increased as she stood up.

"Yes ma'am." I looked down, already knowing what was about to happen.

Trigger warning

"YOU WORTHLESS CHILD!" My mother yells before she takes a fistful of my hair and then slams my head into the glass coffee table, causing it to completely shatter.

"YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE VERY TOP SPOT! TIEING IS ALMOST AS BAD AS GETTING SECOND BEST! ITS NO GOOD! IF YOU WEREN'T SO DAMN USELESS YOUR FATHER WOULD ACTUALLY COME AROUND MORE." She continues to rant on while slamming my head into the shards of glass on the ground.

I kept my eyes closed while tears picked up. The glass pierced the skin on my face causing a bunch of cuts to appear all over my face, blood trickling down the sides of it and landing in a small puddle on the floor.

"I-I'm s-sorry mother." I whimper our.

She stops for a moment and then lets go of me.

"LOOK AT THE DAMN MESS YOU MADE! You better clean this all up! Make sure nothing of it remands. Also clean it all just using your disgusting mouth that likes to back talk me so often." She then spits on my head causing a small spot of my hair to dampen and then stomps up to her room.

Trigger ended

It was often like that for me. She would break something with throwing me into it, then put the blame on me and make me clean it in some cruel way.