19. Messing Up

My eyes shot open as the sound of a blaring alarm suddenly sounded. It was only then I realized I had eventually fallen asleep the previous night. I pushed myself up, resting on my elbows, as I was laying on my stomach. Looking over to the window where sunrays were peering through the small gap in-between the curtains.

My eyes drifted back to the other side, landing on the costume case. "I guess its time for another day.." I sighed, then pushed myself off the bed.

The second I went to stand, my leg crumbled under me as the wound ached. I let out a slight surprised yelp as I tumbled to the ground.

"...Seriously?" I groaned, now laying on my back. Instead of wallowing, I rolled back over and started to crawl to the case, struggling to pull it down but finally grabbing it to bring it to the floor.

I stared at it for a moment, contemplating whether this is what I really wanted. "...I need to be worthy..." I told myself before opening the case. I managed to slip off my pajamas and into the dress of my costume.

Once I grabbed the boots, I decided to put on the fine boot first. Once that was done, my hand slid over the bullet hole on the other boot, worrying how the process would go.

The second I tried to lift up my leg enough, a stinging pain from my leg prevented me from doing anything. My teeth unintentionally grinded as sweat formed on my face.

I struggled to put my boot on, I couldn't reached comfortably enough.

Suddenly a pounding at the door sounded followed by "hurry up!"

"I-I'm trying.." I spoke back.

The door flew up, Bakugo storming in. "I can't believe I have to babysit your dumbass. What the fuck is taking so long?!" He yells.

I look up at him towering over me while I still lay on the floor. He didn't take long to scan over the situation, knowing I couldn't put on my boot.

He scoffed "it still hurts?"

I just nod, looking back down trying to slide the boot up but still failing sense it keeps irritating the bandages, and in turn my wound.

Without saying a world, he grabs the boot throwing it on the bed behind me before he comes to me. Bakugo comes down, holding my waist as he slowly guides me up, also placing me on the bed.

I watch, puzzled at why he was being so gentle, same with yesterday.

The blond then takes the boot, crouching in front of me before gently taking my leg and sliding the boot up, right before it came to the bandage, he used his hands on my thigh to slowly inch the boot on.

Once it was fully on, he rubbed some small circles over where the bandage was under the booth "does it feel fine?"

My face becomes flushed, not processing what had just happened.

He sees my expression, his face going red as well before he harshly stands up. "If you weren't so useless I wouldn't of had to do that!" He yelled out.

I just breathed in, my inhale being shaky by his sudden raise in tone.

He clenched and unclenched his fist before shoving his hands in his pockets. "Try to walk."

I got up off the bed. I had a bit of a lip and my leg still hurt but it wasn't unbearable. "I can manage. Thank you Bakugo."

"Tch" was the only noise from him before he left through my bedroom door, Shoto and Midoriya in the hall.

"Is (L/N) okay?" I heard Midoriya ask.

"She's still fucking alive. Don't make such a big damn deal about it!" Bakugo scoffed, replying to the greenette.