Family Lunch

Hey everyone i hope you're enjoying the story so far!!

I would love to know where you're all reading from, so leave a comment at the side :) I'm from the UK.

I'm thinking in the next Chapter Nathalie will give birth so if you have any suggestions about how that could happen leave them at the side >>>>

So, it turns out what dad wanted to talk to me about was quite important, he needed me to do some in person work with Max and I couldn't get out of doing it this time. Since he lives not far from me in Monaco, I was the only person that could do it without having to get on a flight to see him. Dad told me how he tried to get me out of it because he knows that I don't want many people to know about my pregnancy, but I guess it was just inevitable that max found out. And I don't really mind If max finds out because I trust him.

Mum offered to drop me off at Max's house on the way to her friend's house, which means that I have to find my own way home. It sucks because neither Max (F) or Lando are in Monaco right now to give me a lift home, and Arthur is at a family lunch. Which means I'm going to have to walk.

Mum drops me off outside max's apartment and I buzz the door for him to let me in. I'm so fucking nervous right now. Its only max though, I'll be okay, I can do this. I get into the lift at the end of the corridor and go up to the penthouse apartment, I can only imagine the views from his balcony. When I reach his door I stand for a second to collect myself, then I ring the bell.

"Nathalie it's so nice to see you again" I laugh. "We talk to each other a lot max" Max has actually become quite a good friend of mine, he makes work enjoyable when I'm stuck in the house all day. "I meant in person" he hugs me and just stands there staring at me funny, I know that he's thinking about me being pregnant, but he's too nice to say anything that would offend me. "I'm 7 months along" I say to him, he smiles at me and the slight tension that was in the room disappears. "congratulations" He says. I can tell there's something still on his mind. "Can I ask who the father is?" 

Charles and max are quite good friends and for a second I think about whether I want to tell him the truth, but I've already lied to him enough by not telling him sooner. "it's Charles" I say looking to the floor. "He never told me he was having a baby" I sigh and tell him the truth about Charles not knowing. I make him swear he won't say anything to Charles, not even about me being back in Monaco, or the fact that we work together in Red bull. "You can't tell anyone else either, only you and my dad know so far. Well and Lando and Arthur" I can tell he's doubting himself when he promises he won't say anything. I feel horrible making everyone lie, and it's not like it's a little white lie, because it's something they'll have to keep from Charles until I'm ready to tell him. That's if I ever do. "Nathalie, I hope you don't mind me saying, but I know Charles and I know he wouldn't just abandon his child or you if you told him. I'm still confused as to why he broke up with you for Charlotte, because he was always miserable until you came into his life" Somehow, I know max is right, I could never see Charles abandoning his child. I've got that guilty feeling again, but I just need to remember what Arthur said to me the other day, 'if he really loved me and cared about me, he would've reached out by now'. And he's right, so It makes me feel better about keeping it a secret from him.