I think I'm falling

Heyyy here's the next part everyone's been waiting for. I'm not even sure how long it's been since I last posted, but I'm trying to get inspired so I can write it. 

So I thought it was time for a flashback but from Charles' perspective. 

You'll see how Charles really feels about her when they first met, and maybe that he fell harder.

I think this part is cute, especially from Charles :)

Charles POV

"There you are" I say walking outside into the freezing cold. The dark night is lit up by all of the fairy lights, Nathalie is stood leaning against the wall smoking. She turns to look at me and smiles softly, but I can't tell that was a forced smile. I've only known her two days, but I feel like I know her so well already. "I didn't peg you as the smoking type" I'm kind of hoping she's not because I hate the smell and it's bad for your lungs. But I can't lie she does look very sexy and badass doing it.

"I only do it when I stressed, no need to worry" she says, as if she can sense my feelings towards it and read my mind. "What have you got to be stressed about? Parties are supposed to be fun" I say smiling, hoping it might cheer her up. "My dad just called me, and you know how dads can be dicks sometimes." She says putting her cigarette out on the wall and throwing it on the floor.

"He's just stressing me out and getting in my business when he has no right. I'm sure your dad is the same sometimes" she says turning towards me with rage in her eyes. My smile fades when she mentions my father. "My father passed away a few years ago" I say looking in any direction other than her eyes. "Oh, Charles in so sorry" she says taking a step towards me, which is comforting because her presence seems to calm me. "Nathalie it's okay, my father would be like that sometimes, especially the pressure I felt from him sometimes" I say thinking back on fond and unpleasant memories, but both make me smile at the thought of my father.

"My father has not really been a part of my life; he's just trying too hard now to get back into it and asking so many personal questions" she says. I'm glad she's opening up to me, this might bring us closer in the last few days we have together. I might even build up the courage to ask her on a date before we leave.

"Maybe he's trying to get to know you" I say trying to come up with any explanation that will make her less agitated and more in the mood to go dance with me. "I not sure I want that" she says. I understand that some people don't have good relationships with their family, but I would give anything to see my father again and for him to be able to see me on the podium. "I promise Nathalie having him in your life will fill a gap that you never knew you were missing" I take her hands in mine. "Even if that gap in your life isn't your father right now and it's me" she smiles at me and squeezes my hands. "Let's go dance, I've been trying to find you all night" I say pulling her back inside. I look back at her following behind me and a big smile creeps on her face.

Its later in the evening and the slow dances have started to come on, most of the children have gone home now, as well as the older couples. I notices the woman Nathalie sat with during the wedding didn't come to the reception, and I felt bad that I couldn't be with her for the first half, but I had best man duties. "I'm sorry about running off earlier, but I was in trouble for not going to the rehearsal then being late. I nearly got demoted to just being a groomsman" I say making Nathalie let out a little laugh.