Pull Yourself Together

Heyyyy, sorry it took so long for me to post the this chapter :(

I've finally finished all of my essays, so hopefully that will give me more time to write in my spare time!!

I hope you enjoy this part, it's kinda short but i have the next part ready to post tomorrow

"Charles honey can I come in?" Mum knocks on my door yet again, she's been trying all week to get me to come out of my room, but I don't want to talk to anyone. I just grunt, which she already knows that means no. "you have a visitor" she says. I'm hoping its Nathalie who has come to talk to me and apologise, I pull myself out of bed and go unlock my door. To my surprise I see charlotte stood next to my mother. "I'll leave you two to talk" she says walking away, leaving me with her. Why did she have to do that?? I didn't even get a chance to say no before she left us. She knows what charlotte did to Nathalie, so why would I want to speak to her?

I stand holding the door with one hand and leaning against the door frame at the other side. Hopefully charlotte sees that I am in no mood to talk or let her in. But of course she's in my personal space as usual. She pushes past me and goes to sit on my bed. I leave the door open because I don't want her to get the wrong idea in this situation.

"What do you want charlotte?" I say with no enthusiasm at all, I'm drained and tired. "Come on Charles this is silly. When are you going to realise that?" She's so delusional, does she really think I want to get back together with her after what she did. The last year has been torture for me with her, and I'm in no rush to relive that. "I want you to leave" I say walking up to stand in front of her so she gets my message. She stands up in front of me so that our faces are almost touching, so I take a step back. "I know you're mad at me but I was just doing what's best for our relationship. What would everyone think if they found out you had a son with your ex?" she's making my angry.

Who cares what they think anymore, I've already had enough people telling me what's best for my image and getting involved in my relationship and I've had enough of it. "Charlotte I really don't care anymore, just leave" She walks up to me and puts her hands on my chest. "Charles come on, your media team wont like this, you know its best for us to be together" I push her hands off me. "don't contact me again Charlotte we're done" I walk out of my room leaving her in there. I don't care what she does anymore, I don't care about anything. I feel like my whole world has been turned upside down and everyone in my life has been lying to me.

I go into Arthurs room because that's the only place I can go to escape charlotte, she wouldn't look in here because I'm not talking to Arthur at the moment and she knows that. "Charles hey" Arthur stands up from the chair at his desk and just looks at me. I ignore him and just go sit on the end of his bed. He sits back in his chair and turns round to face me. "you cant ignore me forever you know" he says. I love him but he's lied to me the most, well other than Nathalie. But he's right I cant ignore him forever, I miss talking to him because he is my brother and I love him.

"you know all I ever wanted was to have a family, have children of my own" I say. He feels pity for me, the way he's watching me just say that to him. "I thought you did at one point, with Nathalie but then you left her and-" he doesn't finish his sentence, but I know he was about to say something about charlotte. "all I ever wanted was a family with Nathalie" but I messed that up a long time ago. I may not be able to fix things with her but I can with my child. "then why did you mess it all up, why did you leave her?" I've been thinking about that a lot lately myself. I messed things up with him big time, but I think I still love her. I never stopped thinking about her whilst she was gone, I know that's bad to say because I was with charlotte but its true. "I cant tell you that" I say. Arthur stands from his chair and walks up to me, desperation in his eyes. "I just want to know why Charles, why would you do something like that to her? I know you, it wasn't your decision" I look away from him, you can tell a lot from a persons eyes and I don't want him reading into my thoughts and discovering anything that's not meant to be found. "Arthur just leave it" I say standing up and walking towards the door to leave. "Was it charlotte? What did she say to you to make you leave Nathalie?" I leave Arthur's room and see that Charlotte has left mine.

"Honey its no good you just sitting in your room all day" Maman walks into my room after a few hours and sits next to me, she sees that I've been crying and she hugs me. "I don't know what to do anymore" I admit. She strokes my hair whilst I cry. "you should go and speak to her" I turn my head up to look at her, she's got the sweetest face and she's the most understanding person I know. "why are you not mad at her for hiding your grandchild from you?" I ask. She just smiles at me. "she has her reasons and I understand why she did it, but we know now and that's all that matters" I admire that she can forgive people so easily and understand why she did it, but I cant.

"I'm not sure she would want to see me after everything" I rest my head onto her shoulder as she hugs me again. "you both need to put aside your hate for each other, you need to focus on the thing that's important, the baby" Maman's right, this child needs to grow up in a stable home with parents can will be there for it. "it's not as simple as that" I say. "whatever has happened in the past, whatever you did, that doesn't matter now, you need to let it go" I want to I really do, but I cant. Its all much bigger than this. Maman wouldn't understand and I think if I told her she would be disappointed in me, more than she already is. "I cant tell you what to do Charles, you have to figure that out by yourself, but you're a smart young man and I know you'll figure it out" she says kissing me on the forehead and leaving me alone.

After dinner I go back into Arthur's room, he's the only person I can talk to who would understand. He's apart of the racing world, he knows the pressure that drivers are put under and the pressure of the media to have a good image. "can I talk to you?" I say sitting on the edge of his bed yet again. He's playing on the sim but he pauses it and takes off his headset. "you're not going to get mad at me are you?" I sigh and shake my head. I'm thinking of the best possible way to tell him this, I don't want him to get mad or see me as a bad person. More than he already does anyway.

"What's on your mind?" he says. "i had to leave Nathalie, they gave me no choice. They said... ...Never mind" his face instantly turns concerned whilst i try and explain. But i've never been good at explaining things. "What happened Charles?! Who is they? What did they say to you?!" I look over at him realising what I just said. I didn't mean to say that, I shouldn't have. "I cant say Arthur. Just forget about it" I say. "no! you cant just say something like that and then just say never mind!" Arthur shouts staking a step towards me concerned. "I cant tell you I'm sorry" I say looking away from him. "Bullshit" Arthur never swears, he must be mad. I never should've said anything. "what?" I say confused. "you heard me! This is bullshit! Just tell me!" he shouts. I'm not sure whether i should say anything to him. I mean he would just go and tell Nathalie. But maybe Maman is right. Maybe i should speak to her.

Authors Notes:

So i have the next few parts planned, but i'm really not sure what to do after theyve talked things through. I'n not sure if i should just end my story or not?

If you have any ideas of what could happen please tell me.

Should i bring new people into it?

Create new drama?

IDKKKKKK

Follow me on TikTok if you haven't come from there to read my story ;)

: Ynylnpovs