Back at the track

I said I would post regularly during summer but I needed to take a break from Wattpad. I did have an idea for my own book and I started writing notes for it though which excites me. 

I just realised that I had this part saved so I'll give you all this whilst I think of what I want to happen in the next few parts. 

I used to go to Charles' races in Monaco as his lucky charm. Those red pants of his really didn't help him break his curse of the weekend, if anything they made it worse.

I know he's superstitious and somehow me being there he actually did well. The first year I went to his race he did terrible throughout qualifying without me, but on race day he was driver of the day.

The second year I went for the whole weekend and he ended up coming out on pole and being the best driver there that weekend. Not that I cared how he did last year during the Monaco gp after we had broken up, but Arthur told me he got into a huge crash. He said he resorted back to wearing his 'lucky' red pants and they did not bring him luck.

Being in a relationship with Charles for so long I became superstitious myself. I'm scared this year he's going to get himself into another crash and it could leave him being injured this time. I want to be there for him, not so much because I'm scared for him, I just don't want anything bad to happen which means Anthonie might not have a dad by the end of it.

It would be weird for me to just turn up at the paddock but this year but I was invited, and I'm not going to turn down the invitation. It's not really like I'll be going for him anyway, I'll be with my friends cheering for a different team. I just know that the fans are going to have something to say about it though.

Race day

"Now that's someone we haven't seen around the track for awhile, Nathalie Horner" the cameras are surrounding me and people shove cameras into my face for pictures. "We have to wonder whether she's here to see her father or if her and Charles have rekindled their relationship" people started shouting questions at me like, 'are you and Charles back together' 'have you got a new man?' 'How is your dad?' Like can they just fuck off because I'm about to have a panic attack. I've avoided the track for the past year for this exact reason, they invade my personal space and it pisses me off.

I try to get away from them and they just surround them even more. I manage to get outside the McLaren garage and someone grabs me by the arm and pulls me in.

"Are you okay?" Lando says checking to see if any of them followed us into the building. "Yeah Thankyou" I say trying to get my breath back. "I'm sorry I didn't think anything like that would happen when I asked you to come today" he says leading me into his drivers room. We go in and I sit on his sofa whilst he gets ready for the race. "It's fine Lando, I should've expected it" I say fiddling with my fingers anxiously. Lando turns around and starts staring at me. "Don't listen to anything they say okay?" He says coming to sit with me. "They'll say anything to get a reaction out of you" he says grabbing my hands to calm me down, he knows how to help me when I get stressed. He spent months helping me through my pregnancy and let me tell you I was constantly overthinking everything. "I know, just sometimes it's brutal" I say.