Chapter 4

TW Pain, Injury, talks about abuse and rape

September 1
Carina came home to Maya reading some fire manual. "Hey." She said as she took of her shoes. "Hey. How was your day?" "Amazing. I delivered 3 Bambine and all the little girls a healthy and so are the mammas." "You are amazing." Maya pulled Carina in between her legs and kissed her. Carina deepend the kiss and slightly bit Mayas lower lip making her moan. "Okay." Maya said as she broke the kiss to breathe. "We have to stop." "Why?" "We have a hostkid and if we don't stop kissing right now, i will end up having you against the kitchen counter." Maya said in a low voice. Carina raised her eyebrows. "Oh. Okay. Well  i am going to have a shower." Carina looked at Maya with dark eyes. "Oh. Well i think i do need a shower, too." Maya said and followed Carina into the bathroom.

Kathy was in her room, she was gradually feeling worse. She was shivering eventhought she was under her blanket. Her entire body was hurting and she was increadibly dizzy. She had to talk to Maya and Carina. She just didn't know how to start. She cryed and her throat and chest felt close. She tryed to take deep breaths like Maya had shown her, but it just hurt.

When she heard Maya say good bye she could barely yell a good bye herself. She was so confused. She felt save with the two women. Why couldn't she just tell them, she was hurting? The thought alone terrified her, but the pain was worse and so she got up and shuffled downstairs to the livingroom. Carina sat on the sofa with damp hair watching TV. "Hey, Bella. Do you want to join me? Or are you hungry? We can have some dinner?" "No." Kathy took a deep breath. "I need to talk to you." Carina nodded. "Yes, Bella." Her brown eyes looked at the teen with such warmth, Kathy felt like a little girl.

Her own mother had green eyes, but she hadn't looked at her that way, since Kathy was eight. Kathy started crying. "Hey. Bella. Come here." Kathy sat down on the sofa and sobbed. "It hurts, Carina." "What hurts, Bella?" "Every ... thing. My s...stomach, m..my chest. He... hurt me. Before I l..left. He..He ..He huurt me so much...w.. worse.. than... be..before. I ...i'm scared." Carina carefully wrapped an arm around the little girl and Kathy let it. She cuddled up into Carinas hug.

Comfort. Was the first thing she felt. Not anxiety. When someone touched her, it was always anxiety. But this was different. "I.. need..h..help." Kathy sobbed. The sobs hurt her ribs and so she winced. Carina held her carefully, not to hurt her more. She felt the teen shiver, eventhough her body was hot. She put a hand on the girls forehead and frowned. "Bella, you have a fever." Kathy didn't say anything. "Okay. I am going to lay you down on the sofa and then i am going to check you out." "I'm sorry." Kathy said trying to calm down the fear that now bubbled up in her.

"There is nothing to be sorry about. Can i lift you shirt?" Kathy nodded. "Can you please say, what you are doing?" "Yes. Sure." Carina winced at the deep purple, green and yellow bruises all over the girls abdomen and the left side of her ribcage. It looked like some of the bruises were older than the other. "I am going to slighly press on your stomach. Tell me if it hurts." Carina sanitized her hands and softly checked out the abdomen of the little brunette. "Ow." Kathy frowned. "Sorry. Its okay, Bella." Carina could tell how unwell the girl felt. She was sweating and pale. Her hands were shaking and her breathing was laboured. "I am going to touch your ribs now." Kathy nodded. "Zzzzz." She hissed as Carina came over the particularly painfull side of her ribs. "Sorry. Its very bruised here. I asume it is or was broken or cracked." Kathy sighed. "Kathy, Are you hurt anywhere else?" Carinas tone was serious. Kathy simply nodded.

"Where, Bella? I am not going to do anything, i just want to know." Kathy looked at Carina with teary eyes. "When my mother is on shift. He comes into my room at night and he..." "Its okay, Bella." "It hurts, Carina." "I know, Bella. I know. Are you bleeding?" "I have. Not anymore." Kathy wispered. Carina took Kathys hand and softly drew patterns on it to calm the little brunette.

"Good.Breathe. Did he use a condom." Kathy started to hyperventilate again. "I don't know." "Its okay, Bella. Breathe." Carina overexagereated her breathing. "Breathe. Good." Kathy calmed a little. "We need to go to the hospital." "No. No. I can't." "Bella. You most definatly have an infection somewhere. I asume its over here. That would be the liver. Its very swolen and i can see it hurts you a lot." "You are a doctor. Can't you just treat me here?" "No, Bella. We need to get more tests, possibly antibiotics." "But he is gonna know." Kathy wispered. "Who is he, Bella?"

"My stepdad." She says barely audible. Carina nodded in shock. "Okay. Bella. I will give you something for the pain. It will be okay. And then i will pack some things and take you to the hospital." "I am scared." "I know." "Have you had any painmeds today?" Kathy nodded. "I got them at the pharmacy this morning. I am sorry for lying. They are in my room." Carina got up to get them. "How much, Bella?" "3 of both." Kathy said. Carina nodded. That was already a lot, but she put gloves on and put in a iv. She pushed some painmeds in and hung a bag of fluids. She was glad Maya had bought a big firstaid kit for them at home. It was so usefull right now.  "It will be okay, bella. I am not going to let him ever hurt you again, okay." Tears ran down Kathys cheaks and Carina had tears in her eyes aswell. "I will be right back."

In the bathroom Carina slid down the door and cryed terribly. This was all so unfair. Why would someone hurt an inocent child like this? He was her stepdad? He was supposed to be there for her when her father couldn't anymore. Why would anyone force a little girl? Carina felt set back to when it happend to herself. She was a little older than Kathy. Almost 18, but not entirely. She was at a birthday party of some classmates. And the person raping her, was supposed to supervise the party. He was the mother of the birthday girls brother. Almost 20 years older than she was at the time. It still hurt to this day. And she never got justice. It made her so angry. She wouldn't let this happen to Kathy. She would get justice for Kathy.