Chapter 16

Arriving at home Maya realised she needed to talk to Kathy before she got worried about Carina.

"Kathy, can you come to the kitchen with me honey?" "Sure."

"You know Carina had some tests done?" "Yeah. She had the needles and stuff. " "Yes. We got the results today." "Oh. And?" Kathy looked at Maya and Maya sighed heavily. "She can probably not get pregnant. If she did, it is very unlikely that the baby would make it or it doesn't have serious complications for Carina." "Oh. I'm sorry, Maya." "You don't have to be. We still have a second chance. We still have to talk about it, but i am willing to carry a baby." "Right. Thats good." Maya nodded. "but Carina is very sad right now. She is upstairs and a dream has been shattered for her. She has spent her entire adult life bringing babys into the world and now she wants to have her own and she can't." Kathy sighed. "Can i do anything?" "No. I will go check on her." "Maya?" "Hm?" "Would you mind if i go outside? It barely ever snows in Texas and i'd like to play in the snow for a little bid. I know it is getting dark and i haven't finished my homework, but.." "go. Absolutly. Have fun. But wear your coat and snowpants, hat, scarf and gloves. We don't need another Bronchitis or whatever." Kathy smiled. "Okay. Great." She ran upstairs to change out of her school uniform and into warm clothes

Kathy went outside. It was still snowing and so she tilted her head back and let the flakes fall on her face. She tripped and landed in the snow, but it was soft and it didn't hurt. She did sommersolts and cartwheels, eventhough she couldn't really do them. It was not improtant falling in the snow was more fun. When she lay in the snow, she realized that it was sticky and plyable. She wanted to build a snowman. They had watched Frozen recently, so she wanted to make Olaf.  When she was done she saw light in the kitchen, so she knocked at the window. Maya opened it. "Can i have a carrot?" "Why?" "For my snowman? I made Olaf."

Maya smiled and handed her one. She watched Kathy skip around to her snowman and made her way to the wintergarden to watch her. Kathy carfully put the carrot in Olafs face and then looked at it lovingly.
"Hey snowman come inside. I don't want you to get sick again." Kathy nodded. "Go around to the front door. I'll help you with you wet clothes."

The fourteen year old skipped around the corner. She is so cute, Maya thought.

"Okay. Snowman. Give me you gloves, your scarf and your hat. Thank you." Kathy did and also took her Jacket and snowpants off Maya took the wet clothes and carried them into the laundry room. Then she took off her boots. "Oh your socks are all wet." "Yeah the boots aren't really waterproof." "We will have to get you new ones. No waterproof shoes in Seattle is not good. Give me your shoes and socks and head upstairs to take a hot shower. I switched the radiator in your bathroom on and put some pjs out. I will warm up some food and we can snuggle with a hot tea. Yeah?" "Thank you." Kathy said.

She tapped upstairs but didn't go straight ahead to her bathroom imediatly she took a turn for Carinas and Mayas bedroom.

When Maya had come upstairs earlier Carina had been asleep. Maya had pulled her into a hug and cuddled her. When she had woken up in the hug and everything came crashing down again and she cryed and cryed. Maya held her and cradled her. When she stopped, she was exhausted. "Can i have a minute?" She had asked and Maya had let her. Now she was staring at the wall.

She had heard Kathy stop at her door so she looked at her and lifted her blanket. "Come here bambina." "I'm sweaty and my feet are icycold." Kathy said. "Oh than we need to warm them up." Kathy cuddled under Carinas blanket and into her hug. "I built Olaf." Kathy said. "Nice. Did you have fun outside." "I love snow. Its fun and soft. And you can build things with it." "Thats nice, bambina." "We had snow in Germany. My dad and i would go sledding and make snowangles and i miss him." "Thats okay, bella." "But i am glad i am with you." Carina kissed Kathys forehead.

"I think i made a friend." "You did?" "Mhm. Cara is in my school and she does the lab for an exracurricular. She is super nice and she lets me have lunch with her and her friends and she asks for my opinon and listens when i speak." "Thats good honey." "Yeah, but she is also funny and we joke alot and she wanted to go outside with me at lunch rather than sit inside with the others." "She sounds awesome." Carina smiled. "Yeah she is. I gave her a hug good bye." "A hug. Wow Bambina, she must be really special." They enjoyed the hug for a little while.
"Now, go shower bambina. I think Maya is waiting for you."

After shower, dinner and a quick homework break. The three of them were cuddling in the big bed. They silently enjoyed eachothers presents when Kathy asked. "What would the baby call you?" "Hm?" Maya frowned. "You know. What would the baby call you. I called my dad, papa and my mom, mom. Because my papa was german and my mom american." "Well i'd like for the baby to call me Mamma. Because i called my mom mamma." "Well then i'll go with mommy or mom, when they are older. To avoid confusion." Kathy nodded. The wife could sence that something was still bothering the teen. "Why do you ask, Bella?" "Well i was wondering if i could call you that too? I mean you say Bella or Bambina and you say sweety or sweetheart and i like those petnames very much they make me feel loved, so i was wondering if i could say Mamma and Mom to you, because it feels better then just your firstnames. More personal." Carinas eyes teared up. "Yes. Bambina. Yes. I would love for you to call me mamma." "Absolutly, Sweetheart. I would absolutely love that." They cuddled even closer and Kathy nuzzled into the two wifes wimpered. "I love you, mom. I love you, Mamma."

An: so many times i accidently wrote mom instead of Maya or Mamma instead of Carina. Now i can finally use Mom and Mamma i am so happy.