Chapter 23

But before they got their results, Maya started the hormones for the egg retreaval. She was a little more irritable, but work was also stressfull so she blamed it on that.

"Okay. 19. This is a 4 Alarm, i want you all to stay save and make sure noone get injured. Battalion Chief Packreith has the incident comand." A collective sigh followed. "I know he is not the easiest to work with, but please do what he says and think on your own. Okay. I am stressing the second." Maya hated the man herself. Her was a sexist, bigott and a reall piece of shit but he had the comand so Maya had to suborder.

"I need two paramedics here." The chief yelled. "Bishop, Herrera, Hughes. That a job for the girls." "I hate him so much." Hughes muttered.
"You can climb, don't you?" The chief asked Andy . "I can climb. Yes? Why?" "The fire is in the second floor, there seemed to be a civilian on the 5th. We have not been able to get him down, because there is no stairs to the 5th floor yet and the scafolding is down." "Copy chief." Andy said.

"The rest of you. Help 88 out with the fire." The chief yelled, just before Maya could utter a word.

Maya, Vic and Andy followed a Lieutenant over, he looked beyond tired.
"We were able to get a rope up from the third to the fifth. But you need to get up there and get the civilian down. He said he is injured, but he seemed fine on the phone." "Good. Copy. Take a break lieutenant." Maya said. He nodded and walked away

Andy and Maya got up one after the other. Vic waited down to stabilize the rope.

Up on the fifth floor Maya and And looked for the victim. The smoke was starting to get thicker and they had no SCBAs on.

Maya yelled. "SFD call out." "Here." They heard a voice. "I'm over here." 
"This way." Andy said, " Oh no." 

The victim was burried under a big  wooden plank. Maya thought about possible injurys, when she dropped to the floor to asses him. "Chief said, he sounded fine." She hissed towards Andy. "Well.... Don't worry. We'll get you out. Whats your name?" Andy said louder to the patient. "Henry. Henry Carwell" "I'm Andy. Nice to meet you."
"I am okay. The bookshelf isn't really on me. These brackets stoped it, but i can't get out." "Okay. We'll get you out."

Andy and Maya lifted the plank and asses Henry. They splinted his foot. Other than that he seemed fine and so they help him over to the rope. "We can get you on a gurny down at the third floor but now we need you to try to walk." "Okay." Henry seamed to be in some pain, but he didn't let it on.

Back at the rope they let Henry down first. Vic had the big first aid bag and would be able to give him some pain meds once he is down. "Hughes. Help him on the stretcher, we'll get him down saver on it." Andy yelled. "I'm comming next." Maya yelled after. "Okay."
Vic helped Henry on the stretcher and then looked back up towards Maya, who was rappeling down. Vix saw the bolt rattling before she heared Andy scream. "Oh no. Maya. The bolt is loose." "Andy unclip yourself. Now." Vic yelled up. "What?" "Now!!" Vic knew that if the bolt flew, Mayas weight would pull Andy over the edge.
Just a milisecond after Andy uncliped herself, the bolt went  flying Andy was  jolted forward, but luckly didn't fall down.

But Maya did. She was about two thirds down already, but still had about 7 feet below her. She screamed out. Terror in her voice. All she thought was. "Oh shit this is gonna hurt. And then Carina will kill me."

Bam. She didn't loose consiousness. She could get up. "I'm fine. I'm fine." She yelled as Vic cames over. Maya  winced but she seemed to be okay. Pain spread through her and she would be terribly sore for a while, but she felt okay. Other than her hand. It hurt and worse than the rest of her body.

"Maya? Maya are you okay?" Andy yelled from above." Maya?" Vic said and helped her up.

Maya was still in shock but she said. "Yeah, I'm okay. I'm.... She lifted her right hand. Her little finger is spread apart at a very unwell looking angle.."Oh no." Mayas stomach turned.

"Maya what going on?" Andy yelled from up above. "I seem to have dislocated my finger. Other than that i am fine, i think. What about you?"  "I'm okay. Just stuck up here i guess." "We'll get you." Vic said. "Don't try to climb down. No unnecissary risk. right?" "Right." Andy said.

Maya winced." We'll get Henry down and then come back for you."

Vic looked at Maya. "How are we to do that? He can't walk. And you can't lift him." "Pop it back in."

An: i have now started the third book its called "we are save together."