Chapter 24

"What?" "Do it. I'll show you." Maya took Vics hand in her good one, but Vic swatted it away. "Still you can't lift him..." "I ran the olympics on a sprained ankle, i can and i will."  "Maya, don't be stupid." Andy yelled from upstairs. She didn't completely get what was going on, but she senced something was off.

" Its fine Andy, its just my little finger. I will get it checked out once we are down. Are you ready, Vic? Here. You grab it like that and then you hold it like that with you other hand and pull and move it upwards. Got it." She took Vics finger with her good hand and moved it slowly. "I know. Okay. Good." She grabed Mayas hand and counted. "One.. two..." She relocated it.

Maya screamed "Oh my god." She clasped her arm close, willing the tears to stop.

"Maya? Are you okay?" Andy looked over the edge.

"Yeah. I'm good. Thanks, Vic. Can you get me some of that tape." Vic rubed Mayas back, while she catches her breath, trying to stop her stomach from churning.
"Here let me. She taped the little finger to the rest of the fingers. 

"Captain, I have on injured firefighter, one civilian also injured and one firefighter stuck on the fifth floor." Vic called into her radio, but the Battalion chief didn't respond.
"Chief Packreith, do you copy, what Hughes said?"
"I'm not listening everytime your little firewomen have problems. Fix it, Bishop." Maya was furious. Her mood was already terrible with the hormons and the pain, but this just gave her the rest  "Hey. You know the radio gets recorded. In big fires like this, i record my stations radio converstations, for the protocol and you have steped out of line. Prepare to answer to Chief Ross. But before that, get us some fucking help.We have a firefighter stuck on the fifth floor, i have been slightly injured and the civilian is injured, too. Hughes and i are taking him out. I am requesting help to get Lieutnant Herrera down from the fifth floor, the rope blew." "Anything else, Bishop." "Yes. Its Captain Bishop."
Maya hissed into her radio and scoffed loudly.
"Alright, lets get going." Maya said, still fuming.

As Maya and Vic push Henry though the corridor towards the bigger staircase, the door behind them suddenly closed. "Why are the doors closing?" Vic said. "They are fire doors. They sence smoke and close itself." Maya said. "Then why are they closing, i thought the fire was on the second..." In that moment the fire broke through the floor behind the doors. "Well. Atleast we are safe. Lets keep going." Maya said. "What about Andy?" " Andy is fine for now. the fire is on the third floor, she is on fifth and she is south of the flames. But we should hurry. Oh no." Maya saw Henry had lost conciousness. Something was wrong.

"Henry can you hear me?" Maya yelled "Henry?" Vic said "Crap.The other door is closing." Maya began to run, but she wasn't fast enough.
"No. Damn it." "We can open it, can't we?" Vic said. "No. We are on the wrong side." Maya sighed. "Damn. Henrys Puls is weak." Vic noticed, "He needs medical assictance."

Maya scoffed. "We are his medical assictance. Chief do you copy?"

The Chief answered on the radio "Copy, Bishop."

"We are stuck between two firedoors, two firefighters and one civilian. The civilian is unresposive, puls is weak." " Keep him alive."
Sweat was pouring from Mayas face. "The room is heating up quikly, we need someone to open the firedoors form the other side. ASAP." "Copy, all units are on duty. I will see what i can do Bishop." "Copy that."

Vic sighed, blinking the sweat from her eyes
"Oh my god. He is such a dickhead. It is really hot." "Yeah. Oven priciple. Lets get down low."

Vic wanted to lift Henry, when sue noticed. "He isn't breathing."

"Damn it. He has a pneumothorax."
"He needs a drainage?" "Jup. She grabed the stuff out of the medbag. But her hand trembled. She shook it and winced in pain holding it close to her body.  "Maya?" Vic asked. " Yeah i can see it myself. Here. Take it."

Vic sucessfully placed the drainage.

"Now help me get him down. We need to stay low. Take off your Turnouts." "It is really hot." Vic gasped. "Yeah."

"Chief? Whats the status on getting us out of here. The temperatures are rising!" Maya yelled into her radio. "Alright Bishop. Quit the yapping. I'll send Gibson and Montgomary."."Copy.  I am so going to report him." "Good. I wish he would sit in here and get boiled." "yeah. That would be great."

"You should go for Battalion chief, if he is gone." "That isn't that easy." "But if anyone, it should be you." "Please don't tell anyone. But Carina and I are trying for a baby. And she can not carry. So..." "Oh." Vics eyes lifted. "That is awesome." "Yeah. I am doing the hormone treatment and everything right now. But it will take time." "Sure. I am so ready for another firehouse baby."

Travis and Jack came and got the three out and helped them down, while 44 was already getting Andy down.

Vic took oxygen and water from Travis, while Ben looked at Mayas hand" You put a drainage in him with that hand?" " No. Vic did. But it really isn't that bad... Ahhhh." She gasped out as Ben pressed into it wrongly "Yeah right. Go get in the Aid Car." "Vic come on. You need to get checked out aswell. That heat was very dangerous." Travis added
"I'm fine." Vic said, but swayed dangerously as she got up. "Yeah right. You are extremely dehydrated. Go get checked out."

An: okay. So parts of this chapter is taken from a story i wrote about a year and a half ago. Before season 6. When i was really sick, i used to imagine a character i could play in the show. And what this character would be. I even imagined like behind the scenes stuff that could happen if i got to play a character on the show. Don't judge. I needed something 😅

This character is an 18 year old, volunteer. I don't know if volunteering is a thing in America, but in Germany it is. You can do a FSJ (Freiwilliges soziales Jahr- voluntary social year) or a BFD (Bundes Freiwilligen dienst (staate voluntary service) and thats what i used for this character. She is a volunteer at 19. A queer teen, who battles a lot of things and i have never uploaded this story. To be honest the character is a total Mary Sue. She can do everything, is super smart and super good at firefighting.
But yeah.
I want to upload it now.
And so you know. This is the original Kathy Fieldberg. I just recyced the name for this story. 

Also the story is not fully writen its mostly points and similar to like the episodes i wrote in the other book "Episodes and Oneshot" yeah but i quite like it so i will upload it soon.
Okay. Have fun.