Chapter 25

Maya came home late, after getting checkt out at the hospital. It had taken hours since she was not emergent. Link had x-rayed it and bandaged the little finger to the next two for stability. All in all Maya was fine, but when she leaned over to slip of her shoes, she felt extremely sore and tears pricked at her eyes.
Carina was in the living room waiting for her, Kathy was probably in her room, if she wasn't asleep already.

Maya sank onto the sofa and rested ontop of Carina nuzzling into her. "Hey Bambina. Oh are you tired?" "Yes. And my body hurts." "Oh. Did you get hurt today?" "Not that bad, but i am crying like a baby, because these hormones make me crazy." Maya sobbed into Carinas chest. "Oh. Bella." "Tell me what happend. Your hand is bandaged, so don't tell me nothing." Carina rubbed Mayas back, when Maya told her through sobs.

"Honestly i'm looking forward to being pregnant, because days like today suck. Its funny cause i used to love them, but now." "I know. You're scared." "Terrified. I am gonna report the Chief tomorrow. Vic said she'd write a statement and Andy would probably do so too. And if it works and he gets fired, maybe i would like to go for the Job." "Bataillon Chief?" "Yes. Its mostly an office job. I only go when theres bigger fires and you need more than 4 firestations and even then i would be outside and comand." Carina smiled at Maya. "That sounds like a plan."

"Would you come to bed with me, because i am going to fall asleep if we lay here longer."Maya yawned. "Hey did you know Kathy now wants to try out for the show choir?" "What?" "Yeah. She thought it sounded fun and she wants to go for it." Maya frowned. "Isn't it a little much?" "Well if she gets in she might have to drop two classes, but she is 14 at a junior level. She can take some time. She told me she was rushing school to get away from home, but now she doesn't feel like she needs to rush anymore and so she wants to do fun stuff." Maya nodded a little more relieved. "Oh okay. Yeah. I would watch her sing. She has a great voice." "I know." Carina said agreeing. "And also Cara is there too." "Oh Cara is there, too?" Maya said winking at Carina. "What do you think the two of them?" "Well i don't know, but the cuddeling and the touching and caresing, last time she was over...." Maya chuckled. "I was always touchy with my friends." Carina added. "Well at least they can't get eachother pregnant." Carina added. "What? Ew. No may baby doesn't do that!" "She is a teenager." " Also i don't know. For me it took me a long time to want have sex, after all the...." Maya sighed.
"Yeah. Thats also okay." "I love you." Maya held Carinas face with both her hands. "I love you, too." Carina mouthed and kissed her sensually.

Three weeks later Maya had the first embryo transfer. And since it was really nice out, Carina and Maya rested the rest of the day outside. Kathy was at Caras so they had some time alone.

------

"Cazzo. Merda." Carina hissed as she untangled herself from her bike. She had been taking it to work more often since it only took her half an hour and with the city traffic by car it sometimes was more. But it had rained at night and the ground was slippery. When she rode around a corner and a guy stepped out of the shaddow of the building, she had slipped and fallen. "Sorry. Oh my god." The young man said. "Its okay. Its not that bad." Carina winced. Her head hurt and her stomach threatend to turn. She had hit it with the handle bar. She got up and picked up her bike. "I'm okay and i'm late to work. So if you." She motioned for the guy to move.

The rest of the ride wasn't long, but Carina had been banged up and she felt it. The left side of her face and her left hand and knee throbed. Her stomach hurt and she felt sick.

In her office she quikly sticked a bandaid on her forehead and hid it with her headband and her bangs. Then she changed into scrubs. Her knee was already blue and it hurt and she had a pretty big bruise on the right side of her abdomen. She winced as she carefully touched it. Then she pulled her lab coat on and left the office.